One of the final fully complete Steve Hudson boats.....

Featured Posts

• 3 months later...

Blimey that is some price cut! Was the £25,000 all in a single go?

It does make it a much more attractive proposition for somebody, even if you factor in repainting it in a colour more normally associated with a leisure narrow boat.

Clearly it now represents a massive saving on a new Hudson, even if you could still buy one. Not a bad deal now, if anyone is of that persuasion, and clearly many people are.

It does make it a much more attractive proposition for somebody, even if you factor in repainting it in a colour more normally associated with a leisure narrow boat.

Oooh, isn't he bold? So you want every n/b to be blue and red so that you can't find it in the car park? I think we discussed this colour earlier and decided that it was Midland & Great Northern Joint. It looks handsome enough to me although, as you're aware, I do like slightly uncommon colours on narrowboats.

It could do with a proper engine, mind.

Oooh, isn't he bold? So you want every n/b to be blue and red so that you can't find it in the car park? I think we discussed this colour earlier and decided that it was Midland & Great Northern Joint. It looks handsome enough to me although, as you're aware, I do like slightly uncommon colours on narrowboats.

Yes it has been discussed, but I suggest the colour didn't find favour with too many buyers, as it has clearly not sold, and had to be very substantially reduced. I suspect that is a large part of the reason, although only the broker and seller are likely to have an overall idea of how the boat as fared on brokerage so far.

To my eye they have tried a highly unusual colour, but in a scheme and layout normal associated with "traditional".

IMO, off the wall colour schemes often work better where any attempt at partial "tradition" is swept firmly aside.

Also to me the colour seems worse in the flesh than it does in the pictures.

I've been and had a look at this boat, a while back. It looks like a dog has crapped on it. Just does not work (in my view).

I've been and had a look at this boat, a while back. It looks like a dog has crapped on it. Just does not work (in my view).

I hope it does not exude a concomitant aroma.

Vauxhall used to have a colour choice on their smallest hatchback car which prompted Mrs. Athy and I to dub them "turdmobiles", perhaps it's similar to that.

I suspect the ad. description needs to catch up with the video commentary, which refers to it being 'one of the last'. (We had a couple of errors in ours which were corrected when I notified RBS).

I remember 'Doghouse', I think. We took a look at her at RB in about 2010 - she was very nice. We ended up going the Hudson Trad route though, in the end. I hope she went for a good price.

Yes it has been discussed, but I suggest the colour didn't find favour with too many buyers, as it has clearly not sold, and had to be very substantially reduced. I suspect that is a large part of the reason.

Almost game, set and match, Alan - but I wonder if an original price tag of about £125,000 for a second-hand (albeit recent) boat was a major factor. I do suspect that, as soon as the price reaches six figures, many boatseekers glaze over and shamble off to look at something else.

No, it was down to £115k. Now reduced further as the falling leaves and muddy towpaths have made it invisible.

clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

Greeno (you bitch).

No, it was down to £115k. Now reduced further as the falling leaves and muddy towpaths have made it invisible.

That must have happened quick then - it was defo. £125K when I looked a short while ago (unless the page I was looking at was a cached one)

The M&GN colours we discussed were on Nutwood, not this one (although Nutwood is still only similar and not identical to the M&GN livery).

Well if you think you can get 3 virtually new well built boats for £42k each I think you should buy them and sell on at profit.

Anyway, we paid a touch over £100k for our's in 2011, this one is 2' shorter, no dinette, but has a bowthruster and fancy worktops and flooring, otherwise fairly similar spec. So I don't think £125k represents a significant discount on the price paid. I think the colour will be an obstacle to the sale but maybe it looks better in the flesh?

Ed: oh and it's got a cratch cover which is around £1500 IIRC

John Lewis afloat,its a pity your not in a better financial position.

John Lewis afloat,its a pity your not in a better financial position.

Envy, which includes trawling the forum to find "ammo" to use against me, is a pathetic emotion. Lots of people have more money than you. Lots of people have more money than me. Get used to it, because feeling whiningly hard done by sure isn't going to change anything.

Thing is, working hard all your life and living wisely so that one can afford a nice boat, isn't a sin.

(For those not sure, CDS made that post to "get at me" in relation to another thread. As I said, pathetic.)

Edited by nicknorman

Just in case anyone is interested.....

Venice was completed in the autumn at Glascote and is still there. Charlotte is being completed at Heyford Fields marina and there are a couple of others whose names I don't know also in various stages of completion, again at Glascote.

Dave