How to identify LiveAboards

DeanS

Featured Posts

Easy - they are the ones with the biggest grins biggrin.png

just joking in case anyone thinks I'm being serious - I think most people who have a tiller in their hand has a massive grin (just sometimes they forget to share it with the rest of us)ninja.gif

Edited by Bettie Boo

The boat roof contains the 'stuff' that would be in a garden shed if they didn't live aboard.

Continuous moorers are easy to distinguish since all the stuff that would be on the roof is on the towpath wink.png

(there doesn't seem to be a tongue in cheek smiley)

Edited by Jess--

The boat roof contains the 'stuff' that would be in a garden shed if they didn't live aboard.

There's nothing worse than having crap all Over the roof it's so un-sightly. I've lived aboard for 17 odd years and never had any thing except for a ladder and a plank on the roof.

Darren

• Greenie 1

There's nothing worse than having crap all Over the roof it's so un-sightly. I've lived aboard for 17 odd years and never had any thing except for a ladder and a plank on the roof.

Darren

Where should I put my wood, coal, 2 bikes, pet cage, mops and broom, extra fold up chairs? The engine bay is full of other $%^&**&^%$

Edited by DeanS

At the moment we have plank etc. Large roof box contains logs and table chairs. The top of box houses two solar panels. As and when we find it a fair amount of the roof will cotain logs ready for winter and proba ly about six bags of coal.

To be fair when some post x amount of years liveaboard with nothing on roof you should declate c/c or with mooring. If the latter a furthdr declaration of no sheds or stokpiled stuff on bank. Then we can make a fair judgement about your ability to disguise liveaboard status. Perhaps some have no stove so no logs of coal. Personaly I love the gayhering of logs and burning less coal.

Anyway a good thread, nice to compare how we liveaboard.

Where should I put my wood, coal, 2 bikes, pet cage, mops and broom, extra fold up chairs? The engine bay is full of other $%^&**&^%$

Get a shed, or a butty.

Apart from the "pet cage", I have all of that, and none of it uses roof space

The roof is for flowerpots, plants and solar.

Edited by jenlyn

Darren

So where do you keep your bicycle and your dingy and a half ton of coal and your garden chairs and Sunberella and life ring and ash bucket and fire wood and BBQ0 and flowers and .....and ......and .....stuff.

Yep, Another livaboard for approaching 30 years, got to say, I like to have a clean clear roof as well, Although I have got roof boxes, So I guess im actually in both camps !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v5rsuqar6nkmiev/2014-04-02%2010.27.58.jpg?dl=0

If you have roof boxes you have stuff on your roof so you are only in one camp. :D

Hate stuff on my roof and if it doesn't fit in the boat it goes, simples. Most of roof has solar panels, small amount of veg, ring and a couple of chairs. In winter I do fill it with logs but although I have a mooring, nothing else is stored anywhere.