Is the forum still poorly?

Featured Posts

Seem to be having a great deal of difficulty accessing any of the forums posts, can get into a certain page but then when I try and open up onto the subject nothing happens, page wont open up , now been going on for 2 days, or is it only me?

It's not just you, there have been a few other topics about this problem.

I've been having trouble too for a few days, but today (touch wood) it's going well.

Peter.

It has improved compared with yesterday.

Ironically enough, the thread which just will not load, and always gives a "Fatal Error" message, is the one about "Is the forum still poorly?".

Edited by Athy

If you do a search on "IP.Board memory errors" all sorts of stuff comes up. It looks like they've been having problems for years. There's a thing called SQL injection which seems to have caused some grief.

Back in my days of software engineering many problems like this (particulay C based code) were down to memory leaks (where an object is created using up memory but then is not released when no longer used). It lead to a gradual increase of memory being used until eventually it runs out and everything crashes. You could install code called 'garbage collection' to tidy up memory which isn't being de-allocated.

I'm glad those days are behind me, some bugs gave me a real headache...

I think it is all the threads that are asking "what's the problem" that are causing the problem!laugh.png

Maybe I shouldn't have answered, as now I'm having problems again.

I really hope that someone clever will be able to cure this missery, as I'm addicted to CDWF, I'm having withdrawal symptoms.

Peter.

Maybe I shouldn't have answered, as now I'm having problems again.

I really hope that someone clever will be able to cure this missery, as I'm addicted to CDWF, I'm having withdrawal symptoms.

Peter.

Same here , keep getting messages about a memory problem, can open up some pages , very slowly, or the message pops up, very frustrating

In away I'm pleased to hear something is wrong! thought it was my computer at first as I've been having some trouble with Firefox, so have switched to Chrome and all seems good now !!

Might be a good idea to merge all the threads under one name. Perhaps site problems or something.

Is Mike boilerman........

Is the forum still..........

What's going on.........

Site problems.......

When has site perform.......

Let,s merge them

Edited by valrene9600

Might be a good idea to merge all the threads under one name. Perhaps site problems or something.

Is Mike boilerman........

Is the forum still..........

What's going on.........

Site problems.......

When has site perform.......

Let,s merge them

good idea but the only reason I started a thread was because I couldnt get into any other ones, maybe everyone else had the same problem. in fact couldnt even get into website a while back

Forum is much faster for me now, but I still get fatal errors on the solar, neural earth and page 2 of the MtB broke the forum threads.

Edited to add the thread entitled "Question" is now coming up as a fatal error.

Edited by cuthound

This morning, every time I tried to "Mark all as read" I got a fatal memory error. Tried many times and always got the same result. Then I cleared my browser's cache and immediately it started working properly, every single time. Coincidence, or some weird interaction effect, I wonder?

Same hear. Following one of the earlier comments I've cleared the cache and now working. Still slow but at least no fatal errors.

Thanks for the tip to clear the cache. I have just done this and can now read the threads that I was previously getting the fatal error message on.

Back to normal as last. Woohoo :)

Thanks for the tip to clear the cache. I have just done this and can now read the threads that I was previously getting the fatal error message on.

Back to normal as last. Woohoo smile.png

I wouldnt get too excited. I did that and then within 30 minutes it was playing up again. Had to clear it again frusty.gif