Petition on 38 degrees

Jim Riley

Featured Posts

In the interests of democracy and lending a voice to the people. I wonder if 38degrees would be prepared to run a petition supporting the trusts plan to ensure a waterway for all who genuinely use it for its intended purpose of cruising around the waterways. And support the trust financially by purchasing licenses and moorings that suits their usage AND comply with the conditions of use!! And before the angry brigade get on their high horses, I am not implying that all continuous moorers do not have licenses.

• Greenie 3

In the interests of democracy and lending a voice to the people. I wonder if 38degrees would be prepared to run a petition supporting the trusts plan to ensure a waterway for all who genuinely use it for its intended purpose of cruising around the waterways. And support the trust financially by purchasing licenses and moorings that suits their usage AND comply with the conditions of use!! And before the angry brigade get on their high horses, I am not implying that all continuous moorers do not have licenses.

Go on then start the petition. Be interesting to see how many sign it. Anyone can start one

Go on then start the petition. Be interesting to see how many sign it. Anyone can start one

You seem to be implying you wouldn't.

Or have I misunderstood? I would have no problem signing but niether do I see a need to create a petition to support what at the end of the day is all that we need to comply with.

I do not approve of the tone or wording of this petition but anything that brings the housing difficulties of families and individuals to the attention of Government may be worthwhile.

I've been giving it thought all day, and came to the same conclusion.

I struggled initially, but the underlying problem won.

There is an issue, and it has to be voiced. On this occasion it seems to be through this particular petition.

You seem to be implying you wouldn't.

Or have I misunderstood? I would have no problem signing but niether do I see a need to create a petition to support what at the end of the day is all that we need to comply with.

Where have I implied that? Was simply pointing out that Lockie can start the petition and then expressed an interest in how many would sign it. But hey you can read anything you wish into my post

Where have I implied that? Was simply pointing out that Lockie can start the petition and then expressed an interest in how many would sign it. But hey you can read anything you wish into my post

Yes I agree, your post was very carefully worded.

Edited by MJG

You have posted on another thread that you have spent 4months in one spot and not seen a patrol officer. Would that statement be an indicator of you voting predelictions:-) :-) :-)

Sorry did not realise that after cruising about 400 miles dealing with a sick mother and a sick sister who died on 4 January I was not allowed to take a winter mooring. You can think what you like you know nothing about me, my cruising pattern or what petition I would or would not sign. For the sake of clarity I have not signed this petition either

Edited to say: Just reread my post I should clarify my mother and sister were not on my boat I was traveling back and forth to Dorset by train. Just felt my post read like they were on the boat

Oops I should have quoted the relevant post no 20 was in reply to Cotswold mans post

Any other opinions you would like to express about me? Edited by cotswoldsman

I would love to know, reasonably accurately, how many boats are lived on. Take away the number of boats with residential moorings and see just how many boats are used outside the rules. That gives an idea of the 'problem'. If all those boats then cruise around in circles to comply with the rules it doesn't really solve much at all. There are hundreds of awful boats from the 1970's onwards that should have depreciated to their scrap value and disappeared but they still have a value as somewhere to live. There is an undeniable shortage of affordable housing and a lot of affordable boats. I signed the petition