Can you recommend a surveyor for me please ?

Blazeaway

Featured Posts

Whilst Nigel is a BSS inspector, I don't think he is a surveyor.

Happy to be corrected if wrong, though.

Fantastic folks, I see that 'greenies' appear to be awarded for great stuff if I knew what they were and how to award I'd be doing so for all of you, thank you so much.

Hopefully I'll be proud owner of a new boat in the next few days........

Don't expect a surveyor to spot all problems with your potential purchase. The scope of what they look at is limited by what they can easily see.

As far as the boat systems go, an experienced boater could do better.

Just get them to do a hull survey.

Edited by The Dog House

And another recommendation for Craig Allen.

I finally got round last weekend to implementing one of the recommendations in his recent survey on my boat....

Yes, nice chap . He did a BSS for me before he qualified to do full surveys, His dad does the BSS for me now, also very good.

Edited by David Schweizer

Yes,I wish I knew more. The marina in question is on the GU, almost opposite Calcutt.

Interesting when was "the incident"? as Trevor Whitling BSC'd our boat last April, last year, in the very same marina almost opposite Calcutt.

The staff on duty at the time, the marina manager, knew he was there as she was in the office when I signed Trevor in.

ETA. I know not a survey but I was pleased with Trevor's work which included a free re-test.

Edited by Ray T

Interesting when was "the incident"? as Trevor Whitling BSC'd our boat last April, last year, in the very same marina almost opposite Calcutt.

The staff on duty at the time, the marina manager, knew he was there as she was in the office when I signed Trevor in.

ETA. I know not a survey but I was pleased with Trevor's work which included a free re-test.

We had DQ surveyed at the end of May last year, so whatever happened, must have been in April or May 2013.

I nominated Trevor as my preferred surveyor, and received a call back from the broker advising that he was no longer welcome at the said marina, so could I nominate someone else.