Is this the biggest lot of scams, ever?

bigste

Featured Posts

I thought there was one - at £22,000 - but there was no photo of it. Most seem unreasonable cheap, except one in Oxford which is unreasonably expensive at £97,000 - and no, that does not include the mooring.

I have been keeping an eye on Canaltime-style boats, and learn that I can get a nice one on Loot for £11,000, but that I must go to Beckenham to get it. Which waterway goes to Beckenham?

Thats my old patch . Luvverly Deptford . Theres some houseboats there , mainly big barge types .

Beautiful setting mind you , living undernesth the Docklands Light Railway .

When i used to see them it always made think of the early part of The Blues Brothers when they arrive at Elwoods cheap digs .

Jake asks " How often does a train go past "

Elwood replies " so often you wont even notice them .

i think theres a few artists living there

Edited by chubby

I thought there was one - at £22,000 - but there was no photo of it. Most seem unreasonable cheap, except one in Oxford which is unreasonably expensive at £97,000 - and no, that does not include the mooring.

I have been keeping an eye on Canaltime-style boats, and learn that I can get a nice one on Loot for £11,000, but that I must go to Beckenham to get it. Which waterway goes to Beckenham?

The River Beck, as has been said, but "River" is an overstatement; at Beckenham it's about 6 feet wide and 6 inches deep, and in various places runs through small culverts. As a boy I did find a few fish in it; sticklebacks.

The nearest the Croydon Canal went on its way through Penge and Anerley was over a mile away. It closed in 1836 and only a very short section remains, in Betts Park near Anerley Station.

You could in theory have a narrowboat in water in Beckenham, craned into the lake in Kelsey Park (which the Beck flows through), but I don't think the landowner Bromley council would like the idea.

Loot has been looted by eBay I reckon.

I remember taking Loot from the newsagents as a yoof but never actually noticed the .com version as the apalling duck and eBay seem to have taken over in recent years

I remember from years ago when Loot was a newspaper and when you could phone your adverts in an advert for a Narrowboat that was 'still whole'. It took us a while to realise that the operator must had misheard 'steel hull'

Tim

Well, I replied to one of the ads and got a reply. The guy is even offering to deliver it to my door.

At this price I gotta wire him the money fast. lol

On Tuesday, 16 December 2014, 18:02, Katherine Anna Palmer <anakatherine.palmer@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I just got your message regarding my 60FT SOBEK NARROWBOAT TRADITIONAL STERN. The boat is in top condition, once with the boat you will also get all the equipment. My price £15,500 includes delivery to your door and it's below market only because I moved to Elgin. The boat is ready to be delivered and we can use eBay and Shiply (official eBay delivery company) so we are both secure.
Thanks
Katherine Palmer

Well, I replied to one of the ads and got a reply. The guy is even offering to deliver it to my door.

On Tuesday, 16 December 2014, 18:02, Katherine Anna Palmer <anakatherine.palmer@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I just got your message regarding my 60FT SOBEK NARROWBOAT TRADITIONAL STERN. The boat is in top condition, once with the boat you will also get all the equipment. My price £15,500 includes delivery to your door and it's below market only because I moved to Elgin. The boat is ready to be delivered and we can use eBay and Shiply (official eBay delivery company) so we are both secure.
Thanks
Katherine Palmer

Hello,

Thanks
Katherine Palmer

Blimey!!! i hope you have a big garden :lol:

At that sort of bargain price you could re-advertise it at a slightly higher price, sell it and get the bloke you're buying it from to deliver it straight to your own new buyer. You just take the profit... a bit like 'flipping' houses eh?

What could possibly go wrong?

ninja.gif

MtB

Hello,

Thanks
Katherine Palmer

Watch out matty40s and Nigel Carton, the boat-moving market has a new player. Maybe you need to up your game, get a nice boat-related brand name like "Shiply", and offer doorstep delivery which the market seems to be crying out for. My front garden's about 18' square, so it'd take a boat sideways with a gap for a path to the front doors if I could just persuade a few of my neighbours to accommodate the stern and bow. Remove a few garden fences, get BT to put their pesky telephone wires underground and Croydon Council to move the lamp post outside my house (a boat in a front garden doesn't need planning permission?), and it'll be all ready for Shiply to crane my new narrowboat into position and me to invite the neighbours aboard for drinks. Job's a good 'un.

Terrible scam on Money Box live on yesterday a chap got scammed out of thousands. Basically he had 4 diamonds and a chap rang him up and offered to sell them giving him a 20% profit, but first he would need to buy a diamond from him for £5000 needless to say he sent off the money and I think diamonds never to hear from the company again

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04v3cxh 11 minutes from the start.