The weather bomb!

blackrose

Featured Posts

But windy weather is nothing new, is it ?

I like the term 'weather bomb' though, is that modern parlance for 'hurricane' ? I was hoping it was going to be cold weather as I just bought 450kg of Wickes special offer smokeless fuel :rolleyes:

bit breezy out right now the mooring lines are creaking a bit

This is it - get ready for the big one! It's the weather bomb! I think I can already hear it outside.... tongue.png

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/uk-weather-unpredictable-conditions-may-see-severe-70-mph-weather-bomb--approach-northwestern-britain-9911930.html

Nah that's me knicking your wood

???

Edited by NB Lola

But windy weather is nothing new, is it ?

I like the term 'weather bomb' though, is that modern parlance for 'hurricane' ?

No, apparently it's the colloquial form for the correct term "explosive cyclogenesis", which sounds even worse!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bomb_%28meteorology%29

Edited by blackrose

Apparently 'weather bomb' is yet another American term that 'they' are determined we should import. Oh, and the actual 'bomb' (sudden & severe drop in pressure) has already happened, it's the consequences that we're likely to feel.

Tim

Apparently 'weather bomb' is yet another American term that 'they' are determined we should import. Oh, and the actual 'bomb' (sudden & severe drop in pressure) has already happened, it's the consequences that we're likely to feel.

Tim

Oh! my gud, shock and awe, how awesome.

Edited by bizzard

That sounds serious :huh: or is it a new retro ecofriendly 80s format pop group

Your thinking of "The Weather Girls" who sang It's Raining Men.

This is raining cats & dogs!

Anything containing the word bomb is not good except " Photo Bomb"

Phil

Water Bomb?

It was a bit windy and rainy through the night. Is that a weather bomb then? What happens if we get a hurricane? Do we call it a Weather Apocalypse?

The worst of the weather isn't due until a bit later today. Last night was just a bit of a taster!

It was pretty windy in Sheffield last night but nothing out of the ordinary for this time of year. Now ready for the next batch.

ETA: The weather forecast for Friday looks interesting.

Edited by Naughty Cal