boat yard charges

onionbargee

Featured Posts

When we had Banstead taken out before we bought it. We had to hire a crane for the day at a cost of 1.2k we were not onsite that day, so the boatyard shifted at least 6 other boats and we paid for the lot + were liable for any punchers!

Edited by BenC

I wonder which boatyard this might be.

:lol:

When we had Banstead taken out before we bought it. We had to hire a crane for the day at a cost of 1.2k we were not onsite that day, so the boatyard shifted at least 6 other boats and we paid for the lot + were liable for any punchers!

Aggrevated boaters you mean?

How would you feel about a boatyard charging you £60 to move another customers boat that they put in place blocking your boat being craned back in the water ?

I think that's the cost of a certain email last week. :)

• Greenie 2

How would you feel about a boatyard charging you £60 to move another customers boat that they put in place blocking your boat being craned back in the water ?

I would refuse to pay and insist that they moved the boat out of the way themselves

• Greenie 1

Did you tell them when you wanted to move your boat?

I ask as we are now wedged in by several boats at our yard. We have told them we are staying put until early March. If we suddenly change our minds and want to go back in next week, then yes I would expect them to charge me. I am causing them work in that case!

When our boat was moved South for the Jubilee Pageant, we had to pay an extra £100 for them to move a boat out of the way because we needed to be lifted in on that particular day. If we'd been able to do the job the day before there wouldn't have been that charge. I assumed there was something complex involved, never found out,but wasn't really in a position to argue.

Bl**dy Southerners!!

Tim

Edit - I've just been reading the other thread, it wasn't that yard.

Edited by Timleech

Is this to move by rope?

If it states in their terms that they can move your boat without notification your in luck as this will mean that moving your boat is at their convenience so cant charge you for any inconvenience by their own creation.

Simply smile give the bill back and say ''no''

What can they do at the end of the day without breaking the law.

I can't think what's upset them ?laugh.png

They do this kind of thing to their customers quite often so I believe. That's why few ever come back. They seem to be determined to go bankrupt.

( you will notice the libel they posted about me has been taken down, the rest of their claims about me are not true either )

Edited by onionbargee