Press Briefing at CRT Hatton Offices 5th November 2014

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

I wouldn't get to concerned over the missing 'for' as my understanding is that word is included in the wording of the legislation, therefore crt cannot remove it without a change in the law. So even if it is missing from their notices, if and when legal action is taken it will still exist.

Phil., on 07 Nov 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:

I wouldn't get to concerned over the missing 'for' as my understanding is that word is included in the wording of the legislation, therefore crt cannot remove it without a change in the law. So even if it is missing from their notices, if and when legal action is taken it will still exist.

I think you may be missing the point :

Bona Fide navigation is for CCers only - C&RT are looking as if they are saying it will apply to ALL licence renewals.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

I'm not at all concerned at present over details like whether the word 'for' was included or not, but I am concerned that the wording seems to be announcing an intention to place a 'bona fide for navigation' requirement for all Licences, including boats with a (home) mooring.

Edited by Tony Dunkley

This bit: This is for boats that are flagged up on existing recording principles.(CRT boat recording scheme is in the course of revision)."

If you have a home mooring or CC then you have to be 'flagged up' as not complying.

Simple answer, comply with the requirements and you will get your licence.

but don't let me stop you from going round in circles, bringing out the same old arguments and getting nowhere.

• Greenie 2

This bit: This is for boats that are flagged up on existing recording principles.(CRT boat recording scheme is in the course of revision)."

If you have a home mooring or CC then you have to be 'flagged up' as not complying.

but don't let me stop you from going round in circles, bringing out the same old arguments and getting nowhere.

I thought the best part of that is 'CRT boat recording scheme is in the course of revision'

Excellent news!

Richard

It may be a 'circular argument' to you - but currently Boats with a home mooring do not have to comply with 'Bona Fide navigation' - except those that C&RT deem should do - ie Tony Dunkley etc etc.

Who knows which other boats 'with a home mooring' have already been 'flagged up' as not complying with the CC regs ?

Ummm I was flagged up as not complying this year having done from Gloucester to Wigan via BCN so sorry I do not share your easy interpretation of complying

CRT are seemingly recognising a problem.

Possibly from the financial situation of many over the past couple of years, people have not been cruising as far when coming out of marinas. This has perhaps caused congestion of some areas, leading to cries and shouts of overstaying.

In the winter months, little is heard of congestion, overstaying etc.

Perhaps a pattern forming here?

Anyway, it will be interesting watching how everything pans out over the next few months, with the IWA seemingly whispering in Mr Parry's ear, who knows where we will end up.

Ummm I was flagged up as not complying this year having done from Gloucester to Wigan via BCN so sorry I do not share your easy interpretation of complying

Surely to be fair in a statement like that you also have to explain that you were recorded in the same place I think 13 times in one day. That was obviously operator error and going by your description easily spotted when you took it up with CRT.

Next meeting is scheduled to be February 13th to coincide with the Hatton Lock No 34 open day. Date and location may change however.

I keep you posted.

Oh bother! I have family commitments then. That's annoying as I quite fancied the open day as well. If I can change stuff I will post back.

Anyhow thanks again for reporting back. I for one are very grateful.

Cheers

Gareth

Surely to be fair in a statement like that you also have to explain that you were recorded in the same place I think 13 times in one day. That was obviously operator error and going by your description easily spotted when you took it up with CRT.

And again twice on one day. If talking to 3 different people over 2 days is easy spotted I am glad it was something so easy and not complicated

Presumably boats with a home mooring won't need to comply with cc'ing regs within x lock miles of their home mooring, but if they are further afield, the max 14 day and no return within 28 day rules would apply across the board.

But that was clearly a human error and when pointed out, the matter was instantly closed by C&RT.

Presumably boats with a home mooring won't need to comply with cc'ing regs within x lock miles of their home mooring, but if they are further afield, the max 14 day and no return within 28 day rules would apply across the board.

Wrong!

Boats with a genuine home mooring have no obligation to comply with CCing rules, wherever they might be.

MtB

I presume the transcript will be something that C&RT will be sending out to all attendees, if that's so, do you have any idea how long before you get it ?

Historically BW/CRT has not made public transcripts of press briefings, though they do of course take notes for their own use.

I'm concerned.

We moved onboard in early July. We have been to Oxford from Cropredy. We have come North to Braunston. Spent a week in Calcutt marina on the way north, for works to be carried out. Stayed in Braunston,not marina but tow path, arrange for AJ canopies to size up a stern cover early December and fitting mid December. We are presently just outside Rugby. We intend to return to Braunston for the two dates above,as the cover is cheaper if we are there. All of the above never overstayed anywhere.

Now, it is my intension to pop into the Stop House and mention the reason for going back to Braunston.

Am I safe from persecution? Is it a good idea to inform the Stop House?

As an addition. I have never seen a warden sighting boats. Do they wear uniform or civvies? Do they operate after dark?

Serious concern,cause I don't want to get on the wrong side at such an early stage of my continual leisure boating.

Martyn

That's very true, but although some, you for one apparently, may be prepared to comply with unreasonable and illegal requirements, others may not be quite as willing to do so.

correct it does rather concern me that people like Martin are worrying about these things. Is this because they read extremes on here or because CRT are are not getting the message over properly. I guess a bit of both

yes, John. I think you are right. CRT are not too good at the old communication aspect of their business.

I be honest, I did read somewhere that once you declare you have given up a home mooring, CRT then write to you to spell out what is required. I haven't recieved any such communication. Shame really as it would have been genuinely interesting to get the official line.

Once the back cover is fitted, we are off up North. May even get shut of the car. New MOT as well.

Martyn

Edited by Nightwatch

That's an assertion based on hope rather than evidence, whereas evidence to the contrary is in no shortage, some of it provided by C&RT themselves.

In your view Tony, have I breached any regulations. Should I expect a 'knock on the door'

Surely it's not worth CRTs time and money to conjure up fictitious movement of Nightwatch. We keep a log, sort of, and can deny any overstaying,hopefully.

Martyn