CRT release new edition of the Boaters' Handbook

DHutch

Featured Posts

Overall not a bad revamp, glad to see "Do not moor on the outside of bends", better images for lock operation, but no wide lock illustration. Very happy to see sound signals explained, a much needed return. Slightly confusing nav light instructions referring to "Left" and "Right", instead of Port and Starboard, this needs amending as to the layman are you viewing from the stern or fore end?

Overall though a better job by far.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just read the CRT update and note that they are to send out to all licenced boaters a copy of the Boaters Handbook .

I wonder what the reason is behind this expensive exercise ?

Don't worry about the extra cost, they will put the licence up to cover it.

:)

• Greenie 1

I have just read the CRT update and note that they are to send out to all licenced boaters a copy of the Boaters Handbook .

I wonder what the reason is behind this expensive exercise ?

Are boats that get hung up on the cill mostly crewed by the owner or by a hirer?

They could save a substantial amount if they emailed it and only posted to those they don't have an email address for.

But then we would have to print it, and would end up with an untidy pile of A4 loose paper which I suppose we could keep in a (large) file or folder. A book is much more convenient and wieldy. Though I have not yet received mine, I should think it looks more professional too.

But then we would have to print it, and would end up with an untidy pile of A4 loose paper which I suppose we could keep in a (large) file or folder. A book is much more convenient and wieldy. Though I have not yet received mine, I should think it looks more professional too.

I guess I will receive mine in the next few days, when I receive my paper form for my first license renewal

Perhaps they could offer those with an email address a few options including a pdf or kindle version, or sending a hard copy in the post. It might cut down on some of the cost and save a few trees into the bargain. I for one would prefer an electronic version.

Perhaps they could offer those with an email address a few options including a pdf or kindle version, or sending a hard copy in the post. It might cut down on some of the cost and save a few trees into the bargain. I for one would prefer an electronic version.

With compliments https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/media/library/141.pdf

I prefer electronic only. I get very little useful mail these days because most of my bills are electronic. The hand book will remain electronic, I do not want a paper copy CRT.

For myself, yes; but I will gladly give my paper copy to the first interested proto-boater who seems to need a copy...