New name help

Stevie101

Featured Posts

We have had 'Conquest' since May, she is a Elisian Vito 27 ft GRP cruiser with a red canopy and a red stripe under the gunwales.

I've never really liked the name 'Conquest' but between the wife, the kids and me we can't decide on a new name.

As she is comming out of the water over the winter it seems a great time to rename her.

Any help would be great

Nor "Norfolk in Chance"

How about retaining "Elysian" but spell it with a Y

The Elysian Fields (or Elysium) refer to a beautiful meadow in Homer where the favored of Zeus enjoy perfect happiness

Yup, Greek mythology is always a good place to start (and in our case, to end).

I had the idea a year ago that a good name for a narrowboat would be " Troll's Castle " - nothing to do with Internet 'trolling', just thought it was a cute name. It's not in Jim Shead's list of boat names.

So, it's available if you like, as we're naming our new(old) boat something else (- new name & picture to be slapped on next June).

I had the idea a year ago that a good name for a narrowboat would be " Troll's Castle " - nothing to do with Internet 'trolling', just thought it was a cute name. It's not in Jim Shead's list of boat names.

So, it's available if you like, as we're naming our new(old) boat something else (- new name & picture to be slapped on next June).

Always liked your name of Emerald Fox!!

A boat around here was called Troll, and had a painted on side hatch.... With life sized trolls grimacing out. It would give you a shock if you went past it early in the morning, when not quite awake.

Hahaha Alan you have obviously seen me on the cut lol

I would prefer something 'original' we have had so far thought of

Saucy sue (after the wife)

Skipper Ahoy (after the dog westhighland terrier called....skipper)

Tardis (as the kids like Dr who)

Deffo don't want a "jokey' name like 'furkam hall' ........not funny at all

I've tried to think of guitar or music related names as I've been in bands for years and play guitar but it's really hard to find something that's sounds .........right.

Some friends have a boat called F.U.B.B. which is a Wishbone Ash song - I'll leave you to look up the acronym if you don't already know it. So song titles seems a good source. I looked through some Pink Floyd song titles and recommend the following:

"Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict"

Although I suppose the sign writing might be a bit expensive. And not if you are Scots-phobic. Or claustrophobic. Or rodentiphobic.

We have had 'Conquest' since May, she is a Elisian Vito 27 ft GRP cruiser with a red canopy and a red stripe under the gunwales.

I've never really liked the name 'Conquest' but between the wife, the kids and me we can't decide on a new name.

As she is comming out of the water over the winter it seems a great time to rename her.

Any help would be great

Our boat spent the best part of 25 years with no name on it because of indecision by the previous owners and us. I just arbitrarily named her Makhno earlier this year when we painted her and stuck a black star on the side. I seem to have got away with it.

Find a name that means something to you and your family.

Our boat was called 'Kestrel' when we bought it. We changed the name to 'Québec' as the OH is from there, and we got married and honeymooned there. We also thought it was a good name for a boat.

How about retaining "Elysian" but spell it with a Y

The Elysian Fields (or Elysium) refer to a beautiful meadow in Homer where the favored of Zeus enjoy perfect happiness

That's why we called our first boat "Asphodel" - a flower which covers the Elysium Fields. It's been renamed as "Melody", not nearly as evocative IMO.