Hook and Moor - How cool is this

Chris Hills

Featured Posts

I know the English language is a tricky one bit you would expect someone selling something to at least check it's right!

A unique innovation. The Hook & Moor boats hook helps you thread a mooring rope threw a mooring ring with a simple pull or push. Always ready to use. No loading, messenger or guide lines. Use the your real mooring line directly. Works as a ordinary boats hook when the hook head is in its locket position. Made in glass fibre reinforced PA 66 and forged aluminium. The telescopic versions becomes only 115cm in length when folded.

Edited by cheshire~rose

Mmmmmm as far as canals and most rivers go either a very expensive boat hook or a very expensive way to negate the need to step off your boat and back on it again (even where you need to!).

A classic example of solving a problem that doesn't really exist.

(The only real use for it that I could see in the video was tying off a GRP boat with a high bow off to a buoy, but even then I would wager that could be accomplished quite easily (and more cheaply!)

Wasn't it designed to pick up a buoy when mooring a yacht ?

But wouldn't a bog standard boat hook achieve that? (a genuine question to the lumpy water boaters on here.)

A standard boat hook won't feed the rope through the eye of the buoy though.

Of course I understand that, but don't you just hook the buoy, lift it up, thread rope then drop buoy? (Again a genuine question.)

Edited by The Dog House

Of course I understand that, but don't you just hook the buoy, lift it up, thread rope then drop buoy? (Again a genuine question.)

Not if the buoy is heavy, or on a tight chain at high spring tide. In these cases you could lassoo the buoy to get tied up, then deal with feeding a line through the top ring at leisure.... or just leave the lassoo in some cases.

On buoys with strops hanging from the chain there is often an additional lightweight buoy on a rope attached to the strops that you can lift to bring the strop aboard.

Edited by Richard10002