My boat has sunk in Kingston (1939 ww2 wooden motor cruiser)

Marcuswarry

Featured Posts

Hi Marcus, new on here. i've been reading your post and wishing you a sucessful re-float, We have a couple of industrial type lorry straps if you could use them, we're no too far and could pass by tomorrow mid morning and drop them off. Please let me know Regards Sandra

After I get up late and do a few things with plums (see Recipes: Plum Glut) I might wander over to Kingston late afternoon with some cake? About noon I'll have a look at this topic and maybe try to phone Marcus, to see if my presence would be helpful, or just getting in the way.

On Thursday I'll be going to the office but if the boat comes up on Thursday (and stays up) and there's an evening celebration I might make it along to that after work.

You're all legends!

Sandra thanks or the lorry strap suggestion... I'm not sure as we only have a boat one side of her... So not sure... Although if we come to trying out a few things they could well be another handy addition to the armoury... So only if it's easy, and on your way... I'm on 07879 812 789 (and for anyone else who may like to come too!).

I'll keep you updated. More a trail day today, but you never know... Today's success is party dependentant on whether the tarp and polythene get sucked into he boat when we pump... If not... Then there are a few places where I'll have to nail them to the hull with batons... So... Back in the Thames.... I'm so done with the Thames!!!

Thanks you for all your support! Peter, your plum cake is awesome... I would hazard a guess that Thursday is more likely to be the raise day... But like I say, it's hard to tell!

Marcus

X

Thanks Jerra!

Sandra called the local radio station, jacky fm earlier... And they've now phoned me back to interview me. They are doing an SOS news item later today... So it might be worth tuning in?! I think Fairstar and myself are becoming a bit infamous... : ( ...

Other news. The pumps weren't ready for pick up today frustratingly... Well the pumps were, but no hoses... I've been assured they are ready now, but they shut at 5.30... Open at 7.30am tomorrow... So we will have a crack tomorrow now!!! Please keep everything crossed!

Thanks so much!!

Marcus

X

Marcus Your love for your boat seems boundless and your dedication incredibly admirable. Preservation and restoration of such a beautiful tressure deserves you and all those who are helping. Good luck will undoubtably help but it is all that hard and targetted effort that will be needed for that so much hoped for and deserved success. Best luck. Don and Val