Braunston this weekend.

Boat&Bikes

Featured Posts

I'm glad to see WILLIAM the camping boat got voted 'best in show'.

I would have voted for this boat that made an appearance during this mornings parade.

20140629_111605_zps1qgqwqoi.jpg

I wonder if this photo was black & white people could be fooled into thinking it was taken 60 years ago?

20140628_181539_zpsek8ynavb.jpg

You would need to photoshop the plastic chairs, the marquee and the houses out. smile.png

Not 60 years ago but, quite some time.

14513544756_30c77abb82_o.jpg

Also to be an annoying pedant the crane would have been at the Willow Wren yard where Wharf House now are.

Edited by Ray T

You would need to photoshop the plastic chairs, the marquee and the houses out. :)

Not 60 years ago but, quite some time.

14513544756_30c77abb82_o.jpg

Also to be an annoying pedant the crane would have been at the Willow Wren yard where Wharf House now are.

history , eh, no plastic boat representation at the festival today (except for bits of Raymond maybe).

Asked several boats that came past just outside Braunston include Chertsey who was just leaving has the parade finished? yes I was told so kept going to join a queue of boats just behind Sickle thinking I was going through to the locks. Next thing was told I was last in the parade and for insurance purposes would have to have a pilot. Not our intention at all but hey it was no doubt the quickest way through. Smashing evening.

Add BADGER to the list coming through Hillmorton. They seem to be doing some late night boating this fine evening with nb Alton if this parish working the locks.

20140629_214137_zpsa0kvcsdb.jpg

Sorry I couldn't help you down the locks guys, I've jUst put my dinner on my lap.

Edited by junior

Next thing was told I was last in the parade and for insurance purposes would have to have a pilot.

Hmm, so the insurance you've paid for doesn't cover you to navigate the canal that someone unknown to your insurance company has decided to have a parade on? This pilot - did he poduce evidence of his own insurance cover in the event that he'd damage your boat?

Not serious questions at all, just a wry observation on the rubbish people spout in the name of health & safety.

On a more positive note, I was there today & it was good :)

Hmm, so the insurance you've paid for doesn't cover you to navigate the canal that someone unknown to your insurance company has decided to have a parade on? This pilot - did he poduce evidence of his own insurance cover in the event that he'd damage your boat?

Not serious questions at all, just a wry observation on the rubbish people spout in the name of health & safety.

On a more positive note, I was there today & it was good :)

The one way system was still in operation and as it was through the marina, a pilot is provided.

I think Tuscan's insurance would have covered him in the marina, or indeed any marina. Hence my remarks re "insurance purposes".

On another positive note, the tunnel tug Sharpness was a thing of beauty. Liked the ice breaker Pelican too.

Add BADGER to the list coming through Hillmorton. They seem to be doing some late night boating this fine evening with nb Alton if this parish working the locks.

20140629_214137_zpsa0kvcsdb.jpg

Sorry I couldn't help you down the locks guys, I've jUst put my dinner on my lap.

No worries Martin, we thought we might as well do the locks in the last of the light, just having a pint on board now.

I got a photo of Albion in the evening light, I'm no good at posting photos on here, but I'll tweet you one.

Cheers, Brian

I think Tuscan's insurance would have covered him in the marina, or indeed any marina. Hence my remarks re "insurance purposes".

On another positive note, the tunnel tug Sharpness was a thing of beauty. Liked the ice breaker Pelican too.

It was the marinas idea so I guess its up to them

I went yesterday and had a good time. Didn't speak to any forum members but don't know who to look for yet as I is new round these parts. Got a bit wet but spent much of the time when it was raining in the marquee where the artists were, due to finding out my Romanian newly rescued dog is scared of rain! She made lots of friends and had a guys hog roast that he didn't like, which she virtually inhaled (and the bun was as big as her!)

Now I REALLY want a narrowboat! And OMG the sound of the chug chug engines is divine.

Oh and made Timothy and Prunella wait as we walked over one of the small bridge thingys. Nice people!

What a brilliant day! I went yesterday and had a great time. I had hoped to get a snap of the tug style boat DUKE did anyone get one? I was moored near it at Bugbrooke but I was too busy admiring it to take a picture.

There's an 'Adrastea' behind me at the moment by The Boathouse pub....built by D & J Narrowboats.

Adrastea was built by Roger Farringdon and fitted out by D+J Narrowboats of Crick in 2006, has a 1935 National 2DM, not truely historic but does make you look twice!

What a brilliant day! I went yesterday and had a great time. I had hoped to get a snap of the tug style boat DUKE did anyone get one? I was moored near it at Bugbrooke but I was too busy admiring it to take a picture.

No tug style called DUKE on the HNBC site. Unless this counts as 'tug style'...

duke-may11_IMG_0450.jpg

MtB

Early start for some of the boats . Started coming past me at 5.40am this morning. I'm still holed up in Lime Farm Marina being repaired. Someone told me there is a rally on the Ashby , is that right .? Bunny.

I wonder if this photo was black & white people could be fooled into thinking it was taken 60 years ago?

20140628_181539_zpsek8ynavb.jpg

Being at a loose end I've done this:

In answer to your question.

I haven't edited the marquee out though, or put the railway bridge back in.

14356470338_7822fe967c_o.jpg

Edited by Ray T

I think the one that Bones is referring to was nothing to do with the event and we if fact found it late yesterday moored in the marina. Not having a camera with me then, I will endeavours to get Bones pic today if it is still there.

I would love a pic! - thank you! I had a look in the marina but didn't see it. The pipe smoking tea towel navigating skipper said he was on his way to Braunston for the show.

Edited by Bones