Braunston this weekend.

Boat&Bikes

Featured Posts

Says who...

Richard

Whoever painted the name on the side. Actually, it's a bit more than paint, as the letters stick out.

By the way, we'll be there on Saturday, by car.

Edited by adam1uk

Bloody hell, has anyone seen the weather forecast?!

The rain has just started here on the puddlebanks.

And I still need to get back to 'Alnwick' - moored way past you and I didn't bring a rain coat . . .

Cheapskate alert... Any suggestions on where to park nearby? As someone else said, I realise this isn't really in the spirit of things but I'll undertake to spend at least the car parking charge within the show. Or the beer tent.

I've learned from this thread that Starry has pink hair and a motorbike and that nicknorman has a wooden glider. Having been in posession of two of these things myself, I'm feeling even more at home here now :)

Cheapskate alert... Any suggestions on where to park nearby? As someone else said, I realise this isn't really in the spirit of things but I'll undertake to spend at least the car parking charge within the show. Or the beer tent.

I've learned from this thread that Starry has pink hair and a motorbike and that nicknorman has a wooden glider. Having been in posession of two of these things myself, I'm feeling even more at home here now :)

Sorry to dissapoint but I have a plastic glider, still held together by (or really, entirely composed of) glue - of the epoxy type! Mind you, many moons ago I had an SHK and before that, did my Silver in a Swallow. I do also have a motorbike but pink hair only behind closed doors.

I've learned from this thread that Starry has pink hair and a motorbike and that nicknorman has a wooden glider. Having been in posession of two of these things myself, I'm feeling even more at home here now smile.png

If the pub is full, try the village or up the side roads. It isn't usually too much of a nightmare to find a place as people come and go a lot, if you are prepared to look at all the spots.

Yep, pink hair, motorbike,may be on the parade at some point, and can usually be found in vaguely clashing hippy-ish flower prints, either with beer in hand, playing with Fincher Dog, or trying to make friends with another random dog.

I will also be putting in a couple of hours on the Towpath Talk stand at some point.

Edited by Starcoaster

Dunno, I heard that some boaters are forming a blockade and obstructing the canal, probably to show Nick Brown how it's really done. I also understand that most of the boats will be generic copies of Triggers broom having had almost total replacement therapy over the years. rolleyes.gif

Not this one and she will doubtless be the oldest originally self powered narrowboat here. They made 'em of good stuff in 1898.

James

I shall be there Saturday evening, weather forecast looks ok for Sunday, but Saturday showers in the morning followed by rain for the rest of the day.

Nope, on the forcast for Coventry, which is really quite close, forecast is for showers about 7am, then light cloud, then sunny intervals for the afternoon.

Hope I'm right, it will be much nicer!

But then the forecast for today was light rain this morning, followed by a lull then very heavy showers.

Woke up to torrential rain till about 11ish, then sun, then another torrential downpour, then it's been lovely since about 1pm.

That's the problem with showers, they just don't do what you expect!!!

Sue

It's lovely and bright here at the moment - actually see a fair amount of blue sky smile.png

Fingers crossed for tomorrow & Sunday

It actually doesn't look too bad.

TLBBZptl.jpg

kpxruoql.jpg

Pouring down caused by josher owners polishing brass , mass evictions of boat owners who can't read....towpath 3 inches deep in mud water pump stripped down for the sixth time this week , in state of rage only to discover the cure this time was a swift reverse to the tap, what's not to like?