Looka this one

Marjorie

Featured Posts

I seem to remember that this boat featured in this forum before. I think the general consensus was that it is a static liveaboard rather than for serious cruising.

To me it rates in canal cruising uselessness alongside Whitefield.

I wonder how much it would be worth as a pure Crash Pad, if moored in or around London or Bristol for example.

& you have to ask yourself,,, Was this the owners intention ?.

As far as it being a livaboard Cruising boat, well my opinion is -

Not for me.

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

I like it cant explain why it has a thick hull, full traction batteries if I read correctly, what I dont like is the small gunalls and no handrails. It has a large engine and I suspect their maybe a wheel in that pram cover but who knows. I do wonder what is in the roof extension

Peter

Anyone spot the gas cylinder in the galley?

Bod

180310.jpg

From what I can see from the picture the gas cylinder appears to feed the little camping hob. From the bumph it seems the Arga is the main heat source for cooking.

I should imagine it would be rather a faff to get that going in the middle of summer to cook your bacon and eggs in the morning, let alone the heat it would give off.

I've never seen anything quite like it!

What do you think?

http://www.apolloduck.com/feature.phtml?id=331336

If you like her get her she is made of thick steel and would suit me I like light airy boats also quircky onesclapping.gif she only has to suit you and she is cheap and maybe you could haggle them down a bit more

Peter

And a BSS fail of course

Richard

Portable appliances are not covered by the BSS.

The bottle must be stored in an appropriate way but can be got out for use.

I don't see the problem apart from the fact that using Propane indoors is more dangerous than Butane so I would have a blue bottle, not a red one (Well actually I would have a spirit stove, not a gas one but that's anothe topic).

On the subject of the actual boat, imho it is pig ugly (©Mrsmelly)

it might be portable and not covered by BSS but it looks very like a camping hob that I saw, That had a "not to be used in an enclosed space" warning on it

I made no comment about it's safety (apart from Propane versus Butane) merely about its BSS status.

Personally I see no reason why it is any more dangerous than a fitted hob (except for the possible lack of a FFD)

Who here would spend £70-100,000 on a boat, which is what that boat must have cost new, only to have cook summer bacon sarnies, on an old camping stove!

Every Aga owner I've known, has had an electric cooker hiding somewhere.

Is that also a 13 amp trailing socket hiding behind the camping stove?

Bod

Who here would spend £70-100,000 on a boat, which is what that boat must have cost new, only to have cook summer bacon sarnies, on an old camping stove!

Every Aga owner I've known, has had an electric cooker hiding somewhere.

Is that also a 13 amp trailing socket hiding behind the camping stove?

Bod

Here's an Aga owner who doesn't.

But then the Aga is at home, not on the boat.