Moan, moan. The summer thread.

matty40s

Featured Posts

It is far too hot to be stood outside watching two men dig a bloody great hole with a bloody massive, stinky hot JCB in Leeds.

at least you are in Leeds.

OOhh lucky people to see the Vulcan! It's the last year it'll be flying, apparently sad.png

The other month I was driving on the A64 back to Leeds from Filey and saw a Nimrod fly over us at very low altitude.

my varnish is covered in bloody flies, I forgot to cover the brush and its stuck to the deck. and I missed a bit cos there is too much glare!

edit to add just to get back in the subect

Edited by John V

my varnish is covered in bloody flies, I forgot to cover the brush and its stuck to the deck. and I missed a bit cos there is too much glare!

edit to add just to get back in the subect

Just to add to it SWMBO has told me its too orangey and it needs to be remade with a different lighter wood.....AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGHHH!!!!!!

Just to add to it SWMBO has told me its too orangey and it needs to be remade with a different lighter wood.....AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGHHH!!!!!!

Change the missus - might be better oops sorry - easier solution. :)

I wish to complain. MHS's post isn't a moan.

There are far too many people not moaning, and it's already too hot in the sun to get properly annoyed at them.

Been in Amsterdam again today.

So if I must grumble then....Beer too cheap, weather to hot, too many gorgeous girls around, (SWMBO is in tow), too many boats, too many whiffs of cannabis, too many sex shops, too many boats, too many bikes.

Is that enough!!

Crap here again in South Devon.......

Spent the day in utterly crap Kingsbridge and salcombe. Bought a freshly caught and boiled crab for tea......rubbish....

Well my moan for the day is, they (weatherman) said it was going to rain today - we've had a beautiful day with a quicky light shower about 1/2 hour ago. Not enough for the flowers and plants and now I'll have to water them myself judge.gifbiggrin.png

Well my moan for the day is, they (weatherman) said it was going to rain today - we've had a beautiful day with a quicky light shower about 1/2 hour ago. Not enough for the flowers and plants and now I'll have to water them myself :judge::D

How big was the traffic jam on the Napton stretch BettyBoo??

Edited by matty40s

Well my moan for the day is, they (weatherman) said it was going to rain today - we've had a beautiful day with a quicky light shower about 1/2 hour ago. Not enough for the flowers and plants and now I'll have to water them myself judge.gifbiggrin.png

Hi there, About an hour ago (2143 hrs) it absolutely poured down here in sunny Slough. I think it's coming your way !!

How big was the traffic jam on the Napton stretch BettyBoo??

LOL - we pulled over 3 times to let Junior and all the other "boy racers" past.....sometimes I can't get over how fast those skinny boats can go ninja.gif

This was the only thing going slower than us today QrIXeLt.jpg

It's funny, it's normally us receiving the "what the _____ is that"? look when people see us, we were able to give the look to another vessel today when this came around a bend.

MBsMb6d.jpg

Then as we came around the bend by the Boathouse, commenting to each other how quiet it was and hardly any boats about; low and behold there was a bloody great ark of another Wide beam tied up beside the Stop House taking on water. Luckily there was a 57ft 6in spot between it and the next boat, so we tucked in as there wouldn't have been enough space for the two of us pass at the water point (or so we all felt anyway), had a wee chat with them, lovely couple from Australia taking it as far north as possible. We recommended our fav mooring spot up by bridge 103

Sorry Matty, we would have said hi if we had seen you. Where abouts did you spot us at?

ETA - added pics

Edited by Bettie Boo