ACC -

PiRSqwared

Featured Posts

I would imagine that he hasn't got much to say beyond what Jenlyn has already said and there are more important people to talk to than members of this forum.

Indeed...

I would imagine that he hasn't got much to say beyond what Jenlyn has already said and there are more important people to talk to than members of this forum.

I think the simple truth is that if the explanation from Jenlyn is correct then the folk have resigned over the roving permits being scraped and if all they can worry about is a single issue then the ACC may be better off with some people with a wider vision to represent the members interests. On the other hand if it is correct they have resigned over the bullying tactics of one individual then the ACC could be doomed to fail which will be sad for all those that have joined in the hope of something that will help represent them.

I do find it odd that folk would step down over a single issue like RMP (and some weeks past the announcement) as their resignation won't have any effect at all on CRT and only damages their own organisation. But stranger things have happened I guess and time will tell if either is correct.

Edited by churchward

It is speculated by some, that IWA are in co hoots with C&RT, or they bow to their wishes, or are too often in agreement with them when their members are not wishing to be.

That would be the 'Memorandum of Understanding' drawn up between CaRT and the IWA.

I think the simple truth is that if the explanation from Jenlyn is correct then the folk have resigned over the roving permits being scraped and if all they can worry about is a single issue then the ACC may be better off with some people with a wider vision to represent the members interests. On the other hand if it is correct they have resigned over the bullying tactics of one individual then the ACC could be doomed to fail which will be sad for all those that have joined in the hope of something that will help represent them.

I do find it odd that folk would step down over a single issue like RMP (and some weeks past the announcement) as their resignation won't have any effect at all on CRT and only damages their own organisation. But stranger things have happened I guess and time will tell if either is correct.

Sometimes I think you make it up as you go along lol.

ACC had no part in roving permits.

Typical nonsense again. As for some having a wider vision, well, that's just class from an IWA member.

Though the sort of reply I would expect from an association seeking a direction.

OK. Is this where your bluff and blustering bully tactics kick-in?

I am not saying as you will see if you read my post correctly what is correct I sat "if" it is so. It was reported elsewhere that the dropping of the RMP was the issue with the other members and of course as per the OP links etc. it has been suggested that it is your fault through your attuitude that has made them resign. I don't know which is the case or if it is due to other reasons but you may wish to throw a little more light on it.

All I was saying was that if they have resigned over RMP then the organisation may be better off without them and get some others with a wider vision but as usual you throw your toys about looking for something that is not there.

Nice (but failed) attempt to change the subject with your comments on my membership of the IWA.

I guess time will be the telling of what the future holds for the ACC and its "council"

Spot on as I see it. I saw no mention of you originally suggesting the RMP proposal was at the root of the rift, that was suggested elsewhere, but yet Jenlyn straight away uses it as an opportunity to have a pop at you and the IWA, the man is an utter joke and it's clear as the nose on any bodies face why there have been mass resignations, who the hell could work productively with the guy?

It seems ACC have anew web-site.

To answer the committee question it now says......

January 2015 will see the Association holding an election for Council members. Between now and that date, the Association will be steered by:

Stan Thomas (continuous cruiser)

Steve Jenkin (continuous cruiser)

Lynne Oxley (continuous cruiser)

Jeremy Wren (continuous cruiser)

Treasurer and Secretary:

Lesley Lyndon

(The purple ones are the remaining 2 originals)

smiley_offtopic.gif I don't know if Steve is watching, but if your target audience is live-aboards on possibly slow internet connections, it would be a good idea to do something about the near 5 megabyte image that appears on the home page!

Edited by alan_fincher

Why delay elections until Jan 2015 - 8 months away?

Presumably because that is the latest date that the original constitution said they would have held them by/

Although I think it allowed for it to happen sooner "if deemed appropriate".

alan_fincher, on 28 May 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

smiley_offtopic.gif I don't know if Steve is watching, but if your target audience is live-aboards on possibly slow internet connections, it would be a good idea to do something about the near 5 megabyte image that appears on the home page!

Indeed - even on my fast cable connection at home that picture loads in 'segments', I seriously doubt for many users on the end of a dongle it would ever load, or would take an age to do so. There is another one the same on the 'join us' page.

Looks like they forgot to resize it for web use. It shouldnt really be any bigger than 600 - 700kb & 1280x960 pixels. Instead of its current 3648x2736 pixels.
Also that will eat through your web hosting bandwidth real quick.

• Greenie 1

Ssscrudddy, on 29 May 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

Looks like they forgot to resize it for web use. It shouldnt really be any bigger than 600 - 700kb & 1280x960 pixels. Instead of its current 3648x2736 pixels.

Also that will eat through your web hosting bandwidth real quick.

and into the end users data allowance I guess??