Video about CCers

cotswoldsman

Featured Posts

Why do people who live permanently on narrowboats always seem to have a go at the leisure boaters, and the leisure boaters complain about ccers. We all use the canal system in a way that suits our own individual lifestyles/life choices. CaRT just have to devise and fairly administer a system that suits the most people. ( There will always be a few who will always, automatically, complain about everything - so Cart will never get it right! - and I'm not referring here to anyone in the video )

Its not the CCers that are the problem, its the piss-takers, be they marina based who think they own the waterways, or those who believe the world and its dog owe's them a life style of their choice!

We don't hear of the hundreds (thousands) of folk who putter around the system, being reasonable within the guidelines, they signed up to, when getting on the water.

Its only those few who are determind to do it their way, and stuff the rest.

BW was at best, a govenment dept. that nobody wanted, and wasn't interested in.

Now its a charity, that has to, its self abide by much stronger rules. (Charity Commission) then the lax manner of the old BW will change.

"A new broom sweeps cleaner" Had there been a compleate change of top managerment in C&RT from BW, then the strenghening of attitude would have been much harder.

My thoughts.

Bod

Edited by Bod

Its not the CCers that are the problem, its the piss-takers, be they marina based who think they own the waterways, or those who believe the world and its dog owe's them a life style of their choice!

/\

This

Edited by The Dog House

Not knowing the lady in the video I do not know if she complies with the 'Continuous Cruising' requirements or not - but - I would suggest that anyone with two children of that age, that require daily attendance at school, would have consdierable problems in complying.

It may well be that when she is 5 - 10- 15 - 20 miles away from point 'A' she takes the bus or train to take them or pick them up but this was not shown in the video.

Not knowing the lady in the video I do not know if she complies with the 'Continuous Cruising' requirements or not - but - I would suggest that anyone with two children of that age, that require daily attendance at school, would have consdierable problems in complying.

It may well be that when she is 5 - 10- 15 - 20 miles away from point 'A' she takes the bus or train to take them or pick them up but this was not shown in the video.

She was a continuous cruiser until recently. Her kids schooling has now seen her take a home mooring.

I had better add, she did use transport methods whilst the children did pre school, and complied with the cc guidance.

Edited by jenlyn

Heidi has been on a boat for over 20 years she did use trains and buses and Winter Moorings she has now taken a mooring but will go back to ccing as soon as she can

She was a continuous cruiser until recently. Her kids schooling has now seen her take a home mooring.

Cross posted I am so slow hehe

Don't tell George!!

Why do people who live permanently on narrowboats always seem to have a go at the leisure boaters, and the leisure boaters complain about ccers. We all use the canal system in a way that suits our own individual lifestyles/life choices. CaRT just have to devise and fairly administer a system that suits the most people. ( There will always be a few who will always, automatically, complain about everything - so Cart will never get it right! - and I'm not referring here to anyone in the video )

Why is it that when you see 1 member of whatever given group do something then someone else comes along complaing that all members of the group do that.

Why even bother labelling them at all?

So according to the quote above, that means I always have a go at leisure boaters. So far the only person on a boat I've had a go at, is some twat who rammed into me really hard in a lock just as I was getting off my boat with my rope in my hand to pull it over to the side to give him enough room as well. "Haha well it is a contact sport" he announced. He's lucky I didnt punch his lights out. Apparently he was in a hurry, I let him go out of the lock 1st, & off he went a full throttle past a long line of moored boats, to various shouts of 'slow down'.

So far up until now, no one has had a go at me yet.

I haven't been lucky enough to have Kids, But I would think it would be a complete nightmare to get them into & being able to maintain main stream schooling,,

Home schooling would be much easier,albeit a hell of a long term commitment,I would think,,& I seam to remember that our very own CWDF member DeanS may have some input on that.

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

Gawd forbid we should actually choooooose our own lifestyle...

The point however is - choosing your own lifestyle is one thing, but where that lifestyle choice is about just doing what the hell you like and frig everybody else whether it be the requirements of CRT or it impinges on other boaters it becomes unacceptable to most ordinary people who find it perfectly possible to make their life style choice and stay within the requirements and not annoy others whether it be canal side dwellers or other boaters.

Loads and loads manage it.

Don't tell George!!

George can readsmile.png

I have no problem whatsoever with continuous cruising having done it for several years, moving between 600 and 800 miles a year and passing through a similar number of locks annually.

I do not consider moving in stages to be 20 miles distant and then doubling back to be within the spirit of CCing.

George ex nb Alton retired

George can readsmile.png

I have no problem whatsoever with continuous cruising having done it for several years, moving between 600 and 800 miles a year and passing through a similar number of locks annually.

I do not consider moving in stages to be 20 miles distant and then doubling back to be within the spirit of CCing.

George ex nb Alton retired

Is that the Act of Parliament known as The Spirit of Continuous Cruising Act?

The point however is - choosing your own lifestyle is one thing, but where that lifestyle choice is about just doing what the hell you like and frig everybody else whether it be the requirements of CRT or it impinges on other boaters it becomes unacceptable to most ordinary people who find it perfectly possible to make their life style choice and stay within the requirements and not annoy others whether it be canal side dwellers or other boaters.

Loads and loads manage it.

I firmly believe that there is more than one camp when it comes to the perennial cc whinge, one of those camps don't really get effected by ccers yet love the opportunity to hate anything that differs from their choice of lifestyle.

I hear 'live and let live' bandied about often, usually by those that want to disect others lives within an inch of detail.

Love the film BTW, good job

I firmly believe that there is more than one camp when it comes to the perennial cc whinge, one of those camps don't really get effected by ccers yet love the opportunity to hate anything that differs from their choice of lifestyle.

I hear 'live and let live' bandied about often, usually by those that want to disect others lives within an inch of detail. Love the film BTW, good job

I think some are going to have to accept the fact that CCers are now being promoted for their value to the system.

I hear 'live and let live' bandied about often, usually by those that want to disect others lives within an inch of detail.

That may be very well true - but lets not pretend there is not a hard core of piss takers please.....

and some people whilst not being directly affected by them just might think it's a little unfair that they can conform perfectly well but then they see others not even bothering to try and comply, it's only natural that some people will be irritated by this and they have as much right to comment about it as anybody else.... it's just human nature sometimes to feel aggrieved if you see somebody getting away with something you make sure you comply with.

I think some are going to have to accept the fact that CCers are now being promoted for their value to the system.

... and that is fine by me, as has been said CCer's are not the problem at all.

That may be very well true - but lets not pretend there is not a hard core of piss takers please.....

and some people whilst not being directly affected by them just might think it's a little unfair that they can conform perfectly well but then they see others not even bothering to try and comply, it's only natural that some people will be irritated by this and they have as much right to comment about it as anybody else.... it's just human nature sometimes to feel aggrieved if you see somebody getting away with something you make sure you comply with.

But only the Trust know who the pisstakers are..

I think boaters have a value to the system it has nothing to do with being CC or leisure boater. There is no special attribute to CCing that promotes them above the rest.

Edited by churchward
  • Greenie 1

But only the Trust know who the pisstakers are..

....they will yes....but they exist.

If your point is that some boaters may be being unfairly fingered by other boaters for taking the piss when in fact they are not - yes that is wrong, however that doesn't mean that some who have been fingered as such are actually taking the Mick and are known to the Trust for doing so.

the bottom line is they exist and all boaters know this even if they may not know exactly who they are.

Even Sally Ash dosent mind as long as you 'behave' yourselves!

Yes - strange terminology to use - a tad patronising I thought....

Edited by The Dog House

There is no special attribute to CCing that promotes them above the rest.

Maybe not "above" but CC'ers do quite often contribute more to the boating fraternity than they get credit for. Fact of life I'm afraid, after all, they do spend more time on the system.