Video about CCers

cotswoldsman

Featured Posts

Here on G&S there are no coal boats and only 2 places to get diesel one in a marina and one stand alone in Frampton when I was buying diesel this week in Frampton the owner said if it was not for CCers in the winter he would stop doing canal diesel completely I know just a small example.

I think that is probably true

- however

If I am out boating in the winter and buy diesel how does the person I am buying from know if I have a home mooring or not? - they may assume I am a ccer' but they would be wrong, So there may still be leisure boaters also making a contribution too.

I am sure that in some places that is true however it is not a reasonable argument to extrapolate that into CCers contribute more to the system than others.

I could just as truthfully say that the Marina owner where I moor would go out of business if it wasn't for the leisure boater but I am sure I would soon get flamed for claiming that this means leisure boaters are more important.

Please read the last 6 words of my post!! I was not debating anything I was just commenting on one business I have no problem with any type of boater

Oh dear, loosing the argument are we?

or if you mean that then it is not very clever for an organisations representative to admit to trolling on the forum is it.

I am sure that in some places that is true however it is not a reasonable argument to extrapolate that into CCers contribute more to the system than others.

I could just as truthfully say that the Marina owner where I moor would go out of business if it wasn't for the leisure boater but I am sure I would soon get flamed for claiming that this means leisure boaters are more important.

Gotta dash (waves)

A lot more clever than your vice chair, who admits to not carrying pins whilst cruising ;-)

I think that is probably true

- however

If I am out boating in the winter and buy diesel how does the person I am buying from know if I have a home mooring or not? - they may assume I am a ccer' but they would be wrong, So there may still be leisure boaters also making a contribution too.

Do you want his phone number? I was posting what he said to me suggest you phone him and tell him the errors of his ways

Another added bit.

I am happy to oblige - not least when it exposes your prejudices and a lack of ability to actually construct a valid argument to support a point.

You don't half spout some rubbish at times lol. Actually, if I'm honest, quite a lot of the time :-)

Do you want his phone number? I was posting what he said to me suggest you phone him and tell him the errors of his ways

No of course I don't, (nor is their the need for the sarcasm), I was pointing out that probably yet another assumption was being made.

You don't half spout some rubbish at times lol. Actually, if I'm honest, quite a lot of the time :-)

I think on the 'spouting bollocks scale' - Jenlyn you take the biscuit,

most sensible and reasonable people on here actually know that.......

Ok,genuine question

Until recently,I considerd myself rightly or wrongly a CCr albeit more Tidal environments than inland. So what is the generally agreed distance (not necessarily time) that would be acceptable to move to meet the requirements of being a CCr on the inland waterways.EG 1 boat length, 1 bridge, 1 mile,a Parish ect ect. Or is there any such measurement !.

Because I do see this,,,Debate,,, being raised a lot, and am trying to understand some of the problems a bit better.

It's quite clear in the guidelines.

If you're prepared to take them as a hole. As I stated on another thread anyone with a trace element of intelligence and common sense should be able to follow them.

Edited by Julynian

Please read the last 6 words of my post!! I was not debating anything I was just commenting on one business I have no problem with any type of boater

Indeed but your post comes into the middle of a number of posts about the relative contributions of types of boaters and you seemed to be giving an example where it was CCers holding up the system. so I was making a point using your post in that theme and in kind making a similar point but about leisure boaters. What did your example mean or indeed what was it an example of?

I don't have a problem with any kind of boater either. I just have a problem with posts like Jenlyns and the point that CCers are somehow contributing more in the way he was making out.

So I am not having a go at you I did not mean it that way.

Gotta dash (waves)

A lot more clever than your vice chair, who admits to not carrying pins whilst cruising ;-)

As usual you just spout meaningless words and attempted insults. What has my(?) vice chair got to do with anything. You are shooting way wide of the mark if you think that has any kind of effect.

You really need to give more explanation to what you mean rather than speaking in unconnected sentences and phrases if you are to be taken seriously or have any valid view to put across.

Edited by churchward

As usual you just spout meaningless words and attempted insults. What has my(?) vice chair got to do with anything. You are shooting way wide of the mark if you think that has any kind of effect.

You really need to give more explanation to what you mean rather than speaking in unconnected sentences and phrases if you are to be taken seriously or have any valid view to put across.

I just put it down to desperation and frustration at not being able to counter in any other way other than drag an unrelated and unconnected individual into the discussion in an attempt at looking clever.....unfortunately for him it made him look the complete opposite.

If you're prepared to take them as a hole. As I stated on another thread anyone with a trace element of intelligence and common sense should be able to follow them.

Yes,so any way.

Can you take the time to enlighten a fellow boater & forum member,with a Genuine query,& as you suggest,obviously very little common sence or intelligence as to the location of ' the other thread' that you refer so I might read it in the hope the answer to my post might become quite clear to me,

Alternatively please can you point me to a thread or post that in your opinion be better suited to the likes of me,that might also answer my quiet.in very simple language.

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

It was purely as it said an example of a business that said that if it was not for CCers in the winter he would stop selling diesel on the canal

OK but usually an example is given to illustrate a point.

My example then was was one of a business that that could not exist in the winter (or any other time) if it wasn't for Leisure boaters and in fact would then not be there for the 2-3 CCers who sometimes buy a winter mooring in the marina we moor at.

which in my view only goes to show that we all need each other and bring a variety of benefits to the canal system and facilities. boaters are boaters there need not be more of a division than that.

I just put it down to desperation and frustration at not being able to counter in any other way other than drag an unrelated and unconnected individual into the discussion in an attempt at looking clever.....unfortunately for him it made him look the complete opposite.

I think you are right.

Yes,so any way.

Can you take the time to enlighten a fellow boater & forum member,with obviously very little common sence or intelligence as to the location of ' the other thread' that you refer please ?.

Well it depends on where your are? and all you need is a map.

In all honesty if someone can't understand pretty simple guidelines, I wonder weather they really have the wherewithal to operate a craft on the waterways. Much like many drivers don't know the highway code, the information is there but many choose to ignore it smile.png

As previously stated thousands of CCing boaters don't seem to have a problem with the guidelines, it does seem a small majority of internet users do though for some strange reason wacko.png

Edited by Julynian

OK but usually an example is given to illustrate a point.

My example then was was one of a business that that could not exist in the winter (or any other time) if it wasn't for Leisure boaters and in fact would then not be there for the 2-3 CCers who sometimes buy a winter mooring in the marina we moor at.

which in my view only goes to show that we all need each other and bring a variety of benefits to the canal system and facilities. boaters are boaters there need not be more of a division than that.

You seem to want me to disagree with you!! I have you an example and you have me one that is fine by me but hey I have now had to post 3 times because I decided to give one example

Edit read have as gave

Edited by cotswoldsman

You seem to want me to disagree with you!! I have you an example and you have me one that is fine by me but hey I have now had to post 3 times because I decided to give one example

Edit read have as gave

No far from it I would much rather you agreed particularly my last point.

In all honesty if someone can't understand pretty simple guidelines, I wonder weather they really have the wherewithal to operate a craft on the waterways. Much like many drivers don't know the highway code, the information is there but many choose to ignore it smile.png

As previously stated thousands of CCing boaters don't seem to have a problem with the guidelines, it does seem a small majority of internet users do though for some strange reason wacko.png

I'm thinking you are some sort of politician or organization representative. (My guess). One question was asked, and after an exchange of posts from you that seams to make you concentrate more on portraying superiority in subject matter,& establishing your intellect or standing than actual effort in answering what was asked !.

Why does my location (Littlehampton) have any bearing on what I asked in my original post no 44?.

So,yet again no direct answer to my quiry,ain't got a clue as to what 'wherewithal' means or it's relevance to my original post.

And as to your linking Boat handling to not understand the guidelines,,well that's just way above me,as with so many other things,

So to my original post

Please feel free to ask for my questions to be bullet pointed if it makes them easier for you to answer.

I haven't been lucky enough to have Kids, But I would think it would be a complete nightmare to get them into & being able to maintain main stream schooling,,

Home schooling would be much easier,albeit a hell of a long term commitment,I would think,,& I seam to remember that our very own CWDF member DeanS may have some input on that.

Yes we home school the younger ones, but took up a marina mooring so our teen could go to college in Manchester. He leaves for Uni later this year, which interestingly offers us the option of CC-ing again if we wanted to. Having a home mooring in the centre of a lovely city like Manchester is not a bad thing though, and we've made good friends with many marina boaters...but....when the temps hit double figures...I'll be going up and down the Rochdale 9 almost monthly I imagine. I dont see any problem CC-ing with small kids at school, if there's a tram,bus or train link to use. The important thing is having a proper plan to follow...public transport in the UK is excellent.

I'm thinking you are some sort of politician or organization representative. (My guess). One question was asked, and after an exchange of posts from you that seams to make you concentrate more on portraying superiority in subject matter,& establishing your intellect or standing than actual effort in answering what was asked !.

Why does my location (Littlehampton) have any bearing on what I asked ?.

So,yet again no direct answer to my quiry,ain't got a clue as to what 'wherewithal' means or it's relevance to my original post.

And as to your linking Boat handling to not understand the guidelines,,well that's just way above me,as with so many other things,

So to my original post

Please feel free to ask for my questions to be bullet pointed if it makes them easier for you to answer.

Why does my location (Littlehampton) have any bearing on what I asked ?.

The answer is simple, another poster gave you a clue also. The location of your boat has a bearing on where to can move too next. The fact you query that speaks volumes.
All the answers are here.
I don't see any way they could be made easier to understand. Maybe there's a clue in the word guideline.

So to my original post

I'm not here to educate you, DYOR or pay for tuition laugh.png

I had a Genuine enquiry,

DH answered with a link,

I read the link,,got the information I required.

Sorted..

You just fill up posts leaving enquiries left unanswered,irrelevant statements,confusion & more questions to ask in my opinion. But that must be an 'intelligence' thing.

I had a Genuine enquiry,

DH answered with a link,

I read the link,,got the information I required.

Sorted..

You just fill up posts leaving enquiries left unanswered,irrelevant statements,confusion & more questions to ask in my opinion. But that must be an 'intelligence' thing.

What part of

Didn't you understand, you clearly have a computer connected to the internet, you simply needed to do a search. I suppose now you'll claim you have problems searching google for boaters guide lines, is it any wonder you have trouble understanding simple guidelines wacko.png

Anwway happy days someone wiped your bottom for you and you have the guidelines, happy reading smile.png

Edited by Julynian

What part of

Didn't you understand, you clearly have a computer connected to the internet, you simply needed to do a search. I suppose now you'll claim you have problems searching google for boaters guide lines, is it any wonder you have trouble understanding simple guidelines wacko.png

Anwway happy days someone wiped your bottom for you and you have the guidelines, happy reading smile.png

My word,,you really have got some sort of problem havnt you.

No I haven't got a computer, I've got a phone.

No one in the last cpl of hrs anyway has wiped my bottom as you suggest.

When you said it's quite clear in the guidelines,,I didn't have the guidelines you were talking about,at that tome,hence my post 44

No I am not happy reading the guidelines, I have read them and didn't feel any particular emotion.

So you making false statements or making wrong assumptions tells a lot about you.