Spotify now free for Tablets and Phones

carlt

Featured Posts

I've always avoided Spotify because I preferred the Napster platform for the PC and, unlike Napster, you couldn't download songs to listen to offline (essential when on the move).

However, I heard that the full app for tablets and phones was now free, without the ads and you can now download stuff so I thought I'd give it a try.

I was impressed with the Android platform and I have now cancelled my £10 a month Napster subscription.

I realised recently that you can have the Spotify app for free I have e had a Spotify account for use on a computer for many years and now have the app on my phone as well. But I don't think you can download stuff to play offline without Spotify Premium.

I'm creating a playlist as I listen to an album. It loading onto a playlist on Spotify.

Does this not mean that I can play my playlist whenever?

Martyn.

I'm not sure now.

I've just logged into my Spotify account on the PC and it tells me that I have Premium membership linked to my Virgin Media account but, logging into my Virgin Media account tells me that I have no Spotify account and would I like to sign up.

I'm very confused now....

Do note that if you get addicted to Spotify you can get through best part of a 1GByte of your broadband allowance everyday!

And all these people who say there is no good music about anymore need to investigate Spotify!!

.......Dave (addict)

I was only allowed to put one album on the playlist.

Never trusted Spotify!! Only kidding.

Have to wait and see I'd expect.

Do note that if you get addicted to Spotify you can get through best part of a 1GByte of your broadband allowance everyday!

And all these people who say there is no good music about anymore need to investigate Spotify!!

.......Dave (addict)

I agree with that. Telly's off, head phones on. I'm enjoying myself. I like the way yo can search and still listen to the track being played. You Tube doesn't do that.

Im getting the full version of Spotify on my Windows 8.1 tablet, (Asus Transformer T100). I get adverts on the screen, which is no big deal, and only the occasional spoken advert so far.

At Christmas, I heard it was free on phones, so tried it on my Android (Samsung S3., It would only let me choose an artist, or something like a genre, then it chose the songs. Uninstalled it immediately!

Not tried it on an ipad or an android tablet yet.

I've always avoided Spotify because I preferred the Napster platform for the PC and, unlike Napster, you couldn't download songs to listen to offline (essential when on the move).

However, I heard that the full app for tablets and phones was now free, without the ads and you can now download stuff so I thought I'd give it a try.

I was impressed with the Android platform and I have now cancelled my £10 a month Napster subscription.

Thanks for the heads up, works fine on my Nexus 7

Tim