Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

I'm not so sure that Mr Steadman is that clever. He clearly has some money from somewhere but did he make it himself, and even then did he just get lucky? He was bright enough to set up the triumvirate in such a way that he ended up getting the freehold back and not being a director of a failed company, and via his 75% of QMH and QMH's 100% ownership of PLM he effectively owns the marina and "bistro" too. But in the end what has that arrangement achieved? If he'd just owned 100% of a single company, with a proper director capable of running a sane marina paying its NAA fees, and that company held the freehold on a mortgage to Mr Steadman, his interests would still be protected and surely he'd be doing better by now out of that without all the hassle?

It looks to me as if he saw that John Lillie had the technical knowledge to build a marina, but didn't see PL's inability to get along with people and lack of business sense, and now can't bring himself to accept that he got that appointment wrong. That's probably the only hold PL has over him.

As MtB says, Steadman may yet turn out to have some long-term plan we can't see, but I doubt it. There appears to be little or no possibility of a housing development either getting planning permission or being financially viable on land prone to flooding, so his best prospect is to continue as a marina. All the smoke signals coming from CRT suggest that 750LLtd is not getting far in its quest for a NAA and won't until Steadman dances to Phil Spencer's tune. The precise details of the tune have not been revealed, and there might be something in the Leicester Canal Act 1791, or the judicial review procedure, to stop CRT putting a price tag on the NAA as I'd hoped, but we do know CRT will make sure 750LLtd or any other vehicle owning the site will have to pay NAA fees from now on.

So Steadman's best option from where he is now must be to dump PL as a liability, put in a proper manager, as he should have in the first place, to tidy up the mess, and pocket a modest return on his investment as the marina recovers.

Just seen AndrewIC's post; I wonder if PLT, as I suppose we should call it, is a Roy-Rollings free replacement for 750LLtd, created to pave the way for a deal with CRT? This is of course, just an educated guess.

I regret that I am insufficiently interested to invest a quid and find out who the shareholders are...

Carpet wallah pointed out a few posts ago that PLM now has a 1.1M hole in its finances (after writing off money owed by QMP), and speculated that this was unsecured debt. Companies House reports a mortgage or charge dating from 2008 against them, so at least some of their debt is secured.

And don't call me Shirley!:icecream:

Surely Bruce was calling me Shirley. but I knew what he meant and it's not usual for him to make an error!

(Off topic)

Full marks to Bob for capping my Airplane! quote and thanks to costalot for his compliment!

Someone needs to explain to a dolt like me how Steadman has lost money? The marina is still there and he continues to get paid the interest on his original financial investment.

The bite might come after the marina is barricaded and those moorers who decide to leave cease paying for a mooring. There might also be some moorers who stay but decide to make a reduced mooring payment. If the PLM income reduces to an unsustainable level then Steadman may not receive his interest payments. Surely only then does it start to hurt?

A new company has appeared on the Companies House website: Pillings Lock Trading Ltd. Incorporated yesterday, 25th March 2014, registered address The Marina Office, Flesh Hovel Lane...

Very interesting!

This is a different compant to 750LLtd (which is looking to replace QMP)

Are we looking at a 4th company in the group, or is PLM, having lost £1.6m to QMP, going to do a phoenix?

didn't do national service Dave, I did 3 years in the royal corps of signals in the early'60's (I was on active service in Borneo when president Kennedy was assassinated!) The bike I had (briefly) around then was a new Norton 650SS. (that's another story).

I must be getting you mixed up with Boat Hermit ..He was a wireless operator on HMS Ajax !

I don't think you are a very nice person. For all you may have had issues with members of your family, and I have no interests here in you, who was actually involved in Pillings, for all you might say that you were innocent, or others involved in Pillings either but I do feel for the boaters caught up in this mess. I get the feeling that you are revelling in this and that is not nice at all.

I suggest you do some studying on matters here missus.

Take a look at page 3 for a start to see who is not a very nice man!

As for myself i spent £28000 for a leasehold mooring expecting a peace haven for the rest of..

Instead i/we helped a tin pot dictator of a marina stooge to be like his friends down in Warmington on Sea by having a wanna be bistro 1st...Pukka Marina 2nd!.

Causing conflict and unhappiness for family and customers alike.

I repeat myself ..Best wishes to all the good people customers at PLM...PL and his followers can go forthwith where they belong

I too am revelling in misfortune that may happen to the latter

Edited by Dangerous Dave

Very interesting!

This is a different compant to 750LLtd (which is looking to replace QMP)

Are we looking at a 4th company in the group, or is PLM, having lost £1.6m to QMP, going to do a phoenix?

i reckon phoenix

Is the director RoyR or PaulL?

Once again it's C&RT's fault.frusty.gif

If you believe the daily wail.

http://www.narrowboatworld.com/index.php/news-flash/6765-pillingsa-berth-holders-view

This is the guy who was a close by neighbour on our jetty..

He posted way back his feelings on PLM..I replied he is seeing things through rose coloured specs,and that he will see things differently as a liveaboard on the marina rather than a weekend leisure theme..

If he is looking on ..Ask him to say to PL .."How come every £10 electric card i buy from you ..£5 + re-selling electric ends up in your pocket as well as my contribution towards electricity costs in my mooring fee"

Mr Dave Johnson seems to have a very strange view on C&RT's responsibilities and why everyone should accomodate his choice of 'living arrangements'

What rubbish !!

Mr Johnson is a very nice chap as it is..Shame he is one of PL's major MUGS!!!

If you had bothered to read ALL of the thread and my comments, you would have a better idea of where my sympathies lie, and why. You obviously have no knowledge of what has gone on since the inception of PLM.

I have read all of the thread, and your comments.

I suggest you do some studying on matters here missus.

Take a look at page 3 for a start to see who is not a very nice man!

As for myself i spent £28000 for a leasehold mooring expecting a peace haven for the rest of..

Instead i/we helped a tin pot dictator of a marina stooge to be like his friends down in Warmington on Sea by having a wanna be bistro 1st...Pukka Marina 2nd!.

Causing conflict and unhappiness for family and customers alike.

I repeat myself ..Best wishes to all the good people customers at PLM...PL and his followers can go forthwith where they belong

I too am revelling in misfortune that may happen to the latter

I have seen your posts and have read what your story is. I also don't need to read page 3 again. And I don't need to see who is or not a nice man. I don't know PL, and I don't want to either and neither do I care what happens to him. I don't know JLillie and again, I don't want to. I understand that many people have suffered through their associations with Pillings Marina , I UNDERSTAND ALL THAT so I am not sure why you are pointing out your issues to me. I didn't say you were not a nice person. In fact, I didn't even mention you. My post on this forum was saying that I felt JLillie was revelling and coming across as not very nice.

AND yes, I agree with you, Best wishes to all the good people customers at PLM.

I have seen your posts and have read what your story is. I also don't need to read page 3 again. And I don't need to see who is or not a nice man. I don't know PL, and I don't want to either and neither do I care what happens to him. I don't know JLillie and again, I don't want to. I understand that many people have suffered through their associations with Pillings Marina , I UNDERSTAND ALL THAT so I am not sure why you are pointing out your issues to me. I didn't say you were not a nice person. In fact, I didn't even mention you. My post on this forum was saying that I felt JLillie was revelling and coming across as not very nice.

AND yes, I agree with you, Best wishes to all the good people customers at PLM.

I know you didn't mention me personally but please be aware that there are scores of people that despise PL..and are revelling in anything of misfortune to him..

They are generally of a honest nature.

It's just that not everyone is open enough to say so on a forum!

Once again it's C&RT's fault.frusty.gif

If you believe the daily wail.

http://www.narrowboatworld.com/index.php/news-flash/6765-pillingsa-berth-holders-view

I was going to comment on this earlier, but didn't want to admit to going over to the far side.

However what Mr Johnson seems to be missing is that, as I understand it, there are no official liveaboard moorings at P.L. Perhaps he should keep his head down rather than attacking others.

NBW's constant siding with P L is losing them a lot of credibility, or at least of what credibility they had left, over their reporting of the marina's woes.

• Greenie 1

However what Mr Johnson seems to be missing is that, as I understand it, there are no official liveaboard moorings at P.L. Perhaps he should keep his head down rather than attacking others.

That was my thought when he said that residential moorings are hard to come by -- so hard, in fact, that he probably hasn't got one now, even though he seems to think he has.