cardboard paper tube causes mayhem- NEWSFLASH

Ronniesonic

Featured Posts

Firstly, A Happy & safe Xmas to all & before Santa arrives a totally non boat related tale.......

I have just wrapped a couple of prezzies for the luckiest lady in our house & was left with a long thin cardboard tube. What to do next on my own I thought? Steady..........

I tentatively began blowing down it & made some seriously cool digerdoo sounds.

I experimented with pitch & tone when out of knowhere the 'LT Ripley' dog appeared at the living room door. She had left the safety of the 'Nostromo' bed quilt upstairs & was staring at me with those not very often seen confused but playful eyes.

What shall one do now I thought again? TEASE with living daylights out of her!

I blew, made noises & crouched down.

What ensued can only be described as laugh out loud mayhem with a sprinkle of household destruction.

The small very old fibre optic tree is in a sorry state, paper strewn everywhere together with cushions, cards & everything not fixed down. All quilts no longer on their respective beds & the neatly folded bath towels are no longer, er, tidy.

She dashed around every conceivable corner of the house.

The old girl had a mad 5 minutes the like of which has not seen since she was a pup 8 years ago.

She is now lying still panting away with a glint in her eye.

The missus is going to be most upset but I am once again filled with the joys of just why I love dogs so much, especially the Lieutenant.

Next on my 'do nothing of any impotance' agenda today is to consume x2 deep filled 'warmed' mince pies topped with clotted cream allowing Ripley to eat cream from the end of my finger. Very wrong but also very nice, if you know what I mean

ETA for return of wife is approx 16.30hrs.

Note to self....must learn not to have so much fun on my own & run the risk of a verbal scolding.

Merry Xmas from Ronnie & LT Ripley.

• Greenie 2

left with a long thin cardboard tube. What to do next on my own I thought? Steady..........

I tentatively began blowing down it & made some seriously cool digerdoo sounds.

You are a man after my own heart, Mr Sonic

Richard

ETA for return of wife is approx 16.30hrs.

Note to self....must learn not to have so much fun on my own & run the risk of a verbal scolding.

But you weren't on your own....

Just blame the dog, he wont care. (Note to moderators. Why is there no "Whistles innocently" smiley?)

I dont know why cardboard tubes have this effect on dogs, the dood that allows us to reside with her goes absolutely bat poop crazy whenever a toot is played on a cardboard tube. I can see a university student spending three years to discover the secrets behind such behaviour, as an aside Dood is now sleeping on the sofa wearing lace fairy wings, I dont even bother to question it.

Teasing animals is bad! Tee-Hee!closedeyes.gif

99p bought me a radio controlled mouse from a charity shop on the 23rd.

The cats were less than impressed but the dogs went balistic as soon as it moved. The Wolfhound I'm minding over Christmas settled with the machine between its' paws but soiled the mat when I hit the controler. The rest of the dog pack hit him.

So little to do and so much time to do it in......