Stoke Bruerne Visitor Moorings

Leo No2

Featured Posts

I think that would be very wrong. We can't accuse anyone of fiddling the figures if we do the same ourselves. Just label that part up as 'special event' or something and let it stand

Richard

Surely this is about the effect of the new restrictions and if they have been suspended then it will not reflect the effect of the restrictions

Then put the figures up and label them properly. That way it's easy to refute any claim about the mooring restrictions. Having a gap in the data undermines your case.

'What's that gap - you are cheating - how many other parts are you leaving out to fiddle the results'

Let the data stand, it is easy to explain a full set of moorings during a special event, assuming the moorings are actually full of course

Richard

Edited by RLWP

Understand Richard's point-of-view. I will mark the graph as having special event restrictions in place so you can either acknowledgle or not, the data within that timeframe. I can put an average to include and one to exclude the data over the period in question. It will make the graph quite complex but it should be OK.

My compliments to Leo No2 for the work put into this - it takes committment to turn out regularly in all weathers, plus all the recording and computer work.

Is there a forum member in Blisworth who might do something similar? The results (as sugested in #366) might be useful when looked at alongside the Stoke Bruerne results. Although of course it could backfire with C&RT using that Blisworth data to support bringing in changes there?

My compliments to Leo No2 for the work put into this - it takes committment to turn out regularly in all weathers, plus all the recording and computer work.

Is there a forum member in Blisworth who might do something similar? The results (as sugested in #366) might be useful when looked at alongside the Stoke Bruerne results. Although of course it could backfire with C&RT using that Blisworth data to support bringing in changes there?

as far as I am concerned Leo No2 is my hero an example of someone who is prepared to do and not just sit at computer

as far as I am concerned Leo No2 is my hero an example of someone who is prepared to do and not just sit at computer

Very red and embarrassed face in Stoke Bruerne this lunchtime. I only do that which I think is right and for me what i have done is easy to do but I accept your compliments gratefully (and I hope graciously). I am quite sure you chaps can do things that I can't so it is 'horses for courses' and if my contribution is of value then I can finish the day knowing I can still achieve something!

I can put an average to include and one to exclude the data over the period in question. It will make the graph quite complex but it should be OK.

Any "average", (or any other derived numbers), must in my view exclude a period where the restrictions are firmly not applying.

How could any other approach be reasonable, for including it will falsely skew results for when Mr Whyatt's restrictions are operative.

Any "average", (or any other derived numbers), must in my view exclude a period where the restrictions are firmly not applying.

How could any other approach be reasonable, for including it will falsely skew results for when Mr Whyatt's restrictions are operative.

That sounds fine to me. The data is (are?) available as a graph, the average line is Leo's analysis of the data using her own criteria

Richard

I think the best thing to do is two graphs (easy for me) - one with the weekend figures in place and one without (restrictions lifted dates are 9-Sep to 22-Sep inclusive) and one with the figures for the weekend. Hopefully you guys will give me some feedback on your views once that is done.

I've been visiting Foxton Locks virtually every day, usually twice - lunchtime and evening - to check on the mooring situation since the new regulations came in.

Only used the Mark 1 eyeball and have not taken hard data, but what I have to say is not , I'm sure, what most of you want to hear.

A visiting boat, no matter what day or time of day can now be fairly certain of getting on the VMs and water points. From my extensive experience over the past 3 years, this was not always so.

I've been visiting Foxton Locks virtually every day, usually twice - lunchtime and evening - to check on the mooring situation since the new regulations came in.

Only used the Mark 1 eyeball and have not taken hard data, but what I have to say is not , I'm sure, what most of you want to hear.

A visiting boat, no matter what day or time of day can now be fairly certain of getting on the VMs and water points. From my extensive experience over the past 3 years, this was not always so.

Just goes to show why hard data is so important (CRT had non either) the 3 times I have been to Foxton I never had a problem finding moorings and that is for 2 boats.

Just goes to show why hard data is so important (CRT had non either) the 3 times I have been to Foxton I never had a problem finding moorings and that is for 2 boats.

In the 50 or so times I've been there by boat, I was not so lucky, still I bow to your superior knowledge of course.

I understand that the moorings at Blisworth are very full and this may be as a result of the new restrictions introduced at Stoke Bruerne. It would be interesting to understand if the result of the new restrictions at Stoke Bruerne have, in fact, just shuffled the issue a mile or two along the canal. Would anyone passing that way care to comment?

3 boats between tunnel and candle bridge

8 boats between candle bridge an the railway

Nothing in the long pound at SB

Oh dear oh dear!!! Nothing to do with superior knowledge just stating fact do get a grip of yourself.

I've been to Ikea three times in the last 5 years, and it has been open every time .... does that mean it never closes?

I've been to Ikea three times in the last 5 years, and it has been open every time .... does that mean it never closes?

I think you have completely lost the plot I stated a fact

the 3 times I have been to Foxton I never had a problem finding moorings and that is for 2 boats.

you seem to interpret that as me saying I have some sort of "Superior knowledge" and now you want to discuss Ikea

I think the view on any subject of someone who actually willingly returned to Ikea more than once can be safely ignorred.

Empathise, but best to pretend not to know them..........

In the 50 or so times I've been there by boat, I was not so lucky, still I bow to your superior knowledge of course.

I more locally as do several other boaters i know all of whom have had no difficulty getting on the visitor moorings at Foxton must just be luck I guess. I have some great pics from earlier this year showing just how many spaces there were. To be fair all visitor moorings have been quieter this year as there seems to have been fewer boats about.

As there was some discussion previously about how to show the period during the change in mooring restrictions (Village at War) I thought I would put a graph up tonight to promote some discussion as to how it is best to show this information. I have come to the conclusion that we ought to show the information but as always, with any data, there is a need to explain 'anomalies'. Just data/information by itself is never quite what it seems - well that's been my experience in work. So we have the usual graph with a blue rectangle and some text to say 'The blue rectangle is the period during which there has been a change in mooring restrictions'. I think that's all we need to do but I am happy to receive any challenges to that but think they should go as part of the thread so everyone has a chance to contribute and/or challenge.

For the record it is very damp out there tonight and very empty but I think that's the calm before the weekend storm. There's room for 9 x 70' boats this evening.

SBVM.jpg

Edited by Leo No2

I think the view on any subject of someone who actually willingly returned to Ikea more than once can be safely ignorred.

Empathise, but best to pretend not to know them..........

I didn't say I went willingly ..... I just drove the getaway car.

You didn't give us a knock last week when we moored at the top.