Daily Mail Tells The World

kevinl

Featured Posts

The worst rated comments are worth a laugh or a FFS (in descending order of disapproval).

You can get bacteria and virus from waterlogged wood - and water rats too.

- Pi, Meckhah, United Kingdom, 24/7/2013 13:23

They were living beyond their means. Now they are living off the rest of us.

- Gweg, bed, 24/7/2013 15:09

How terribly short sighted. And what an awful lifestyle to impose on the children. One step up from living in a caravan.

- The Voice of Reason, London, 24/7/2013 13:13

Is this good for the children? I've sent this page to Warwick District Council Social Services to check whether or not it is.

- ZaZa Doggy, Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom, 24/7/2013 16:19

Yeah but would the royal baby be comfortable on a barge?

- Prof, Lunnen, 24/7/2013 13:22

i didn't think brother and sister was allowed to stay in same room after a certain age?

- shauny87, Hull, United Kingdom, 24/7/2013 14:24

Good way to get struck by lightning...

- paevo, USA, United States, 24/7/2013 15:03

£294 per month for a mortgage what it is a rabbit hutch!!! oh no sorry you have 4 bedrooms it s warren of course, try living in London darling my mortgage is £1200.00 per month!!

- kerry25, london, 24/7/2013 14:16

mm yes love you keep telling yourself enough times you love the lifestyle of "living in a cramped wooden box floating on a smelly canal" enough times and you¿ll believe it.

- leeadam, London, 24/7/2013 15:02

Prefer my country pad in Hampshire, strange what fellow Brits do up north

- The Voice of UK People, GB, 24/7/2013 13:57

Edited by Québec

Does that apply to owner occupation or only to social housing where needs have been assessed?

I always understood it to apply to all housing including owner occupied and, iirc the occupier can be committing the offence, not just the owner, if rented or social housing.

I must admit that I last read it when I was a landlord back in the 90s and would rather be corrected than bother to go back and read it all again.

She said it was freezing so I assumed they have yet to work out how to switch it on (or light the burner).

Actually it is often freezing in Winter - that is the one fact that the Daily Mail seems to have got right. However, even when the canal is frozen, it can be comfortably warm inside the boat!

What the article didn't mention is that when compared with a house the ongoing maintenance costs of a boat can be a real burden. You don't have to lift a house up each year to put bitumen round its bottom and you don't have to paint bricks and mortar every three or four years to keep the rust off.

Also, even in the present climate, the value of their boat will drop a lot more quickly than the value of the house that they had!

Comparing a boat with a house can never be a like for like comparison . . .

I bet if you compared the price per square foot of accommodation space, it doesn't look great. Of course, one cannot simply compare on basis such as this, its a completely different lifestyle.

It doesn't look like a great liveaboard to me, it's got no storage or burner - lots of those newbuild boats, they never appeal to me, nowhere to put anything, like living in a cheap coffin. They could have a more suitable narrowboat for £80k, even one with a cabin each for the kids, it's possible.

It doesn't look like a great liveaboard to me, it's got no storage or burner - lots of those newbuild boats, they never appeal to me, nowhere to put anything, like living in a cheap coffin. They could have a more suitable narrowboat for £80k, even one with a cabin each for the kids, it's possible.

Or even better, a butty to put the kids in.

There will be folk all over the shop putting their homes up for sale on the strength of that piece of journalistic licence.

Good, the more boats on the system the better. Don't you think??? Especially in West Yorkshire.

Edited by The Dog House

Narrow boats are for the eccentric poor.

- Piers England, Leicester, United Kingdom, 24/7/2013 15:39

Best daily Mail reader comment so farbiggrin.png

Am I the only one who views this comment as a compliment?

the amount of time many people spend on the Daily Mail message boards must leave little time for masturbation in their vastly overpriced South East residencies.

I thought the older ones would all be still watching VHS recordings of Z Cars or Colditz whilst tending to their rose beds, whilst the younguns play at being bankers pretending to understand what on earth a single word of the Financial times actually means. During their spare time they are poor at golf & tennis in equal measures but sport a lovely retro Lyle & Scott sweater & 1970's Raybans icecream.gif

However & most unfortunately, poor little Piers (above) has left the safety of the leafy South & had to move north of Watford Gap.............. Mummy must have reduced his allowance becuase she had become concerned about his lack of interest in girls, his collection of questionable DVD's & his obsession with having poorer 'mad' friends with those things that float on those ghastly gipsy ridden canals sick.gif

I hate the Daily Mail & it's sterotypical views on everything..........................................clapping.gif

Happy holidays everyone............... except Piers you blithering ' snooty' trolling egjit

the amount of time many people spend on the Daily Mail message boards must leave little time for masturbation in their vastly overpriced South East residencies.

I thought the older ones would all be still watching VHS recordings of Z Cars or Colditz whilst tending to their rose beds, whilst the younguns play at being bankers pretending to understand what on earth a single word of the Financial times actually means. During their spare time they are poor at golf & tennis in equal measures but sport a lovely retro Lyle & Scott sweater & 1970's Raybans icecream.gif

How do you square that comment with your other words of

I hate the Daily Mail & it's sterotypical views on everything..........................................clapping.gif

Perhaps you meant that you don't like stereotypical views that are not your own.

By the way I am not a reader of the Daily Mail either.

Edited by churchward

The comments are fab!

I love this one:

" A friend of mine has just moved onto a narrow boat after selling her home. Wish them all the very best, as I hear in the winter, living on the boat is a nightmare oh and the smell of chemicals used to put down the loo can become sickly after a while!"

clapping.gif

The comments are fab!

I love this one:

" A friend of mine has just moved onto a narrow boat after selling her home. Wish them all the very best, as I hear in the winter, living on the boat is a nightmare oh and the smell of chemicals used to put down the loo can become sickly after a while!"

:clapping:

Is that comment THAT far from the truth?

I have never found living on a boat a nightmare in winter or any other time.

You also have a choice of chemicals...or none at all if you want.

I think you are right on the chemicals. I certainly would not use the old blue type chemicals that do have that sickly smell.

We have been using one of the BIO offerings and have been fine but as an experiment we have tried using just water and bottled lemon juice as a cleaner etc. and this has also worked surprisingly well and no more smells than any other chemical dosed loo. I guess I should say I am not that sensitive to these kind of smells having partly been brought up on a farm.