Such a beautiful day - Such miserable boaters

c c

Featured Posts

If there is anybody on this forum who has not had 'words' between skipper and first mate while boating let them cast the first stone......

We once had a corker doing the five rise because the helms person didn't hear the instructions Barry had given me and she wondered what the hell I was doing. I'm surprised it never popped up on you tube.

Perhaps one advantage of having the previous owners names on the side...

Edited by The Dog House

If there is anybody on this forum who has not had 'words' between skipper and first mate while boating let them cast the first stone......

In our household calling one person the "skipper" and the other the "first mate" might be enough on its own to start some words! argue.gif

We are both equally in charge, of course!

Then you're talking to the wrong people (us) you should maybe be talking to the right person (him). I can't clean up your elsan, sorry, much as I'd like to. What would you like me to do?

I don't think he's talking to the wrong people. You can't talk for everyone here - some people might be interested.

I don't think he was asking you to do anything. He was just airing his experiences, perceptions, views and yes judgements too - very much as you're doing.

Edited by blackrose
  • Greenie 3

Never in public. And hardly ever in private. But then we are both such nice people...

We once had a corker doing the five rise because the helms person didn't hear the instructions Barry had given me and she wondered what the hell I was doing. I'm surprised it never popped up on you tube.

Perhaps one advantage of having the previous owners names on the side...

I realised early on that trying to communicate over 70 foot of boat and engine involved shouting. And where there's shouting there's the possibility for 'misunderstanding'.

So now I'll never shout. I'd rather see my boat hit something than shout at the helmsperson.

Never in public. And hardly ever in private. But then we are both such nice people...

Whilst it would be great to be perfect like you and yours are we content ourselves with just being happy, very happy and content after 33 years. The occasional 'spat' is normal, at least in the real world.

In our household calling one person the "skipper" and the other the "first mate" might be enough on its own to start some words! argue.gif

We are both equally in charge, of course!

yea that's what we tell ourselves right?laugh.png

It looks like I'm not going to sell the boat. We're moored up outside a marina which opens in the morning. If they've run out of toilet chems...apolloduck.com may have a new signup ;-) .

On another note, we havent seen any miserable boaters on the L&L :) We did see a boat moored on 24hr VMs with a bird nest (With babies) built under it's read fender. I thought...."wow, those birds work fast!"

Im sure every time certain people come on here with their attitude, other peoples greenie count rises dramaticallyicecream.gif

I dont post often, but i like a chuckle!

Lynall

Would you like a greenie with that? (I believe though, that the rules say you actually have to be directly rude to me but, a bit like mornington crescent, you'll not get anyone to agree)

Judging by his ' Good old fashioned canal rage' thread, Chris is actually one of these miserable sods that go out of their way to wind other canal users up.

Just like the one mentioned in the OP's story.

i don't have to make a mess in your elsan or have a row with my missus to wind you up, all I have to do is write a few words on the internet. Pathetic.

And I should try taking your thumb out your mouth and reading the OP again, I don't believe he was trying to wind anyone up, with the possible exception of his wife.

(if we are to believe this one-sided story).

I realised early on that trying to communicate over 70 foot of boat and engine involved shouting. And where there's shouting there's the possibility for 'misunderstanding'.

So now I'll never shout. I'd rather see my boat hit something than shout at the helmsperson.

We thought we'd found the answer to that with a pair of PMRs. So the day before yesterday we had a mini domestic about holding the PTT down for long enough before speaking...

We thought we'd found the answer to that with a pair of PMRs. So the day before yesterday we had a mini domestic about holding the PTT down for long enough before speaking...

Have you tried telegraphing each other..........