Reputation Points

pete harrison

Featured Posts

Oooooh...

I think I have 3 and apparently I am neutral!! (If I am reading it correctly).

As I haven't been here very long, I will take that as a compliment.

At least I don't appear to have upset anyone.... yet!

• Greenie 2

You made me go look.

Active Posts

Profile Views

164 Points.

Does that mean 5500 people have looked at my profile?????? I guess I better add my business website url...LOL :)

I see on my Canal World Discussion Forums Profile that I have 31 "Reputation Points", which apparently is "Excellent". How are these points gained and what do they mean ?

What's bizarre is that you are allowed to award them to yourself.

How do I know this? - well it happened by accident - honest guv rolleyes.gif

In my (humble) opinion I think the fact that such a valuable resource as Pete provides earns him 38 points and the forum clown (well one of them) has 1207 points indicates how silly the reputation system is.

Bring back the reddies, to balance the greenies, to show me up for what I am!

I see on my Canal World Discussion Forums Profile that I have 31 "Reputation Points", which apparently is "Excellent". How are these points gained and what do they mean ?

Pete,

Thanks for bringing this up. I too had no idea what it was all about. I saw the number slowly rising and thought it was all about me keeping my nose clean.

I have seen others "awarding a greenie". I always wondered what special position they held to have such powers and where the greenies went. Now I know.

George ex nb Alton retired

• Greenie 1

In my (humble) opinion I think the fact that such a valuable resource as Pete provides earns him 38 points and ....

Completely agree.

If anyone is feeling left out simply post insulting me (or a few choice others) and you're almost guaranteed to get a few.

I see them as the equivalent of mob braying - switch on the parliament channel if you want to know what I mean.

And you Mr Retired, I remember you got a fair few for taking a pop at me, just do it again if you fancy some more.

Completely agree.

If anyone is feeling left out simply post insulting me (or a few choice others) and you're almost guaranteed to get a few.

I see them as the equivalent of mob braying - switch on the parliament channel if you want to know what I mean.

And you Mr Retired, I remember you got a fair few for taking a pop at me, just do it again if you fancy some more.

Aah that's why you do it, I get it now - providing a platform for others to be awarded greenies. How noble!
  • Greenie 2

The system was much more fun when you could have them knocked off for bad behaviour.

Can we have that back?

I am reminded of when Sir Nibble attempted to earn as many negative points as he could in the minimum time possible.

The fun went out of it when you started to be able to only give "positives".

You are an idiot, Mr Pink.........

(Well, it's worth a try.........)

• Greenie 4

The system was much more fun when you could have them knocked off for bad behaviour.

Can we have that back?

I dont like my "excellent" reputation

'Reputation' has nothing to do with greenies/points IAUI.

An 'excellent' reputation simply means the mods have not issued you with any formal 'warnings' to stop contravening the forum guidelines recently.

MtB

An 'excellent' reputation simply means the mods have not issued you with any formal 'warnings' to stop contravening the forum guidelines recently.

MtB

Hmm. I must try harder thenlaugh.png

Nope the "reputaion" is based on number of greenies.

Your warning status is a private matter between you and the mods and nobody has any indicator of it (except for one member whose status is uniquely made public for some reason).

MtB

Not that it matters one iota, of course, but I don't think so......

"Reputation Points" are what you get from being awarded "greenies" from posts - if your reputation points are 100, then you have been awarded 100 greenies.

However just to confuse, if you look at your profile, you will see there is a separate concept of "reputation", which controls the rating you can get of up to 5 stars. This appears to be on the basis that if you want to you can go in and call up users and rate a user, rather than make awards for individual posts. (I assume you see an average based on all rating of you by others?).

The "have I been warned by the mods" thing is something different again, but is neither "reputation points" nor "reputation", I think....

Edited by alan_fincher

Given that I had no knowledge of the system involved, you can be assured that I did not "take a pop" at you in order to gain points. The fact that I have the massive total of 38 points from 906 posts illustrates the futility of such action.

However, you can be assured that I will continue to "take a pop", when I can be bothered, when you write drivel:-)

George ex nb Alton retired

• Greenie 1