Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

We too very nearly bought Ian about 3ish years ago, went to have a look twice after things arose which we were unsure of. Counter and stem were the issues we were uneasy with the condition of, the stem had a big hole in it where something used to be but now wasn't leaving what appeared to be a deep hole into the guts of the stem itself. I asked on here for any info and found out some very useful snippets to investigate. Then it looked stunning, paint in very good order but we left feeling a little uneasy about taking it on and obviously didn't. It was massively less money too, sub 14K then with still some room for negotiations. Looks a sad sight now, but whether it is any less sound now is anyones guess from the somewhat lacking info in the advert! The paintwork issue looks to be an adhesion problem doesn't it, leaving what appears to be a smooth primered surface underneath, not bare board / timber?

Ian.

I seem to remember Ian being up for sale at WFBCo possibly 5+ years ago at the 40k mark, is my mind playing tricks on me with the original asking price?

It was around the time we had our motor done at Calcutts. That was just before vat rose from 17.5% to 20% making it easier to date!

I seem to remember Ian being up for sale at WFBCo possibly 5+ years ago at the 40k mark, is my mind playing tricks on me with the original asking price?

It was around the time we had our motor done at Calcutts. That was just before vat rose from 17.5% to 20% making it easier to date!

No you're not going round the bend, I too looked at IAN about five or six years back, when it had been on the market for about a year and the price reduced to £30k.

Standing in the back cabin the smell of 'wooden boat' was glorious. Presumably more accurately described as the smell of timbers rotting.

IAN seems to have been for sale repeatedly over the years, a case of 'pass the parcel' presumably, once each successive buyer finds out what they've really bought...

No you're not going round the bend, I too looked at IAN about five or six years back, when it had been on the market for about a year and the price reduced to £30k.

Standing in the back cabin the smell of 'wooden boat' was glorious. Presumably more accurately described as the smell of timbers rotting.

IAN seems to have been for sale repeatedly over the years, a case of 'pass the parcel' presumably, once each successive buyer finds out what they've really bought...

Thanks for that, I'm not what you call an hysterical boat buff, I remember it as we had a bit of a mooch about dropping off and collecting the motor.

At the time It seemed a lot of cash for a wooden boat with a pretty paint job - something that you and others have correctly pointed out :)

I wonder where the value added 8k plus is in her now?!

Ian has sold 2 times in last few years was up at 40k but sold around 30ish i beleive then was up for 12 around a year ago no up for 22k

Thanks for that, I'm not what you call an hysterical boat buff, I remember it as we had a bit of a mooch about dropping off and collecting the motor.

At the time It seemed a lot of cash for a wooden boat with a pretty paint job - something that you and others have correctly pointed out smile.png

I wonder where the value added 8k plus is in her now?!

Surely IAN is a boy!

Surely IAN is a boy!

It's a bit of a conundrum, boats are ALWAYS her or she, even when the name isn't remotely feminine - calling a boat him or he sounds most peculiar, giving it a male name knackers it completely :)

Ian has sold 2 times in last few years was up at 40k but sold around 30ish i beleive then was up for 12 around a year ago no up for 22k

That's pretty heavy depreciation, I take it directly linked to the care (or lack of?) Ian has had over the last 5 years or more?

I remember it for sale at WFBCo, was around the 30-35k mark i think

Is this the only boat that the legendary Sister Mary Ward actually built then?

Ha i like that Alan

Looks nice! Its got that sort of old nice look to it but without the history side. Although being a 70s boat i sopose its now what 40 almost 50 years old in its own right.

It's a bit of a conundrum, boats are ALWAYS her or she, even when the name isn't remotely feminine - calling a boat him or he sounds most peculiar, giving it a male name knackers it completely :)

Apart from narrow boats, which have generally been "it" or "the" (I.e. "The Jaguar" or "The Towy")

Here is a 70's boat, is this historical or perhaps hysterical?

8093723612_7a28ba2f53_z.jpg

ninja.gif

much better where is the beatle though???

Apart from narrow boats, which have generally been "it" or "the" (I.e. "The Jaguar" or "The Towy")

This is true but there all still shes though

Here is a 70's boat, is this historical or perhaps hysterical?

8093723612_7a28ba2f53_z.jpg

ninja.gif

Is that the boat that has a "Warning, generator run until late at night!" sign unashamedly displayed on the back of it, or am I thinking of a similar one instead?

....with Ian, Tay, Heart of Oak, Mable and Forget me Not and my own Progress all up for sale recently with a large difference in price across the group, it looks very difficult to put a value on these wooden boats..?

Edited by rivergate

....with Ian, Tay, Heart of Oak, Mable and Forget me Not and my own Progress all up for sale recently with a large difference in price across the group, it looks very difficult to put a value on these wooden boats..?

Towy and so was umea (at least umea has moved as the owner died i belive)

HEART OF OAK is just too pretty for words. Love it. Engine overhaul a piece of cake. Or even replace with a single popper like a BHUK.

A lot of things "not connected", and I'd simplify that rat's nest of wiring. There's a bike in what could be a back cabin too. Very tasty - even if it is wooden. Or maybe because it's wooden?

I like have TAY, but

a ) Wooden i.e costs

b ) Other half

Edited by Johnboy770