Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

12 hours ago, DShK said:

Interesting! Is that common or specific to this boat? She was owned by Seymour-roseblade at one point, who as far as I can tell did have her a bit more decorative.

I thought there was a special sliding door into the hold :rolleyes: took me a while to work out it was just rain water ! IMG_20231022_201157.jpg.80234133ee7a75e1e19abc39ca92bae6.jpg

IMG_20231022_200854.jpg

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, stagedamager said:

the only original Erewash butty left.

ASH is actually currently being restored! If you have Facebook check out the page "narrowboat ash". She's in much worse condition than Cedar (Cedar has new footings, and just a few thin areas above the waterline behind a few knees). In comparison, Ash tried to sink recently! So plenty to do but hopefully they do her justice.

Edited by DShK
  • Greenie 1

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

The chap on Cedar obviously hasn't dressed for the occasion ....

Available now on TEMU for the born again boatman.

Rivetted Trilby Hat. Cast from the best Drop Forged Papier Mâché.

Those interested also looked at ...
USB powered Red Neckerchief, complete with Scumbled hem and Flash Drive socket.

Get yours today and be the first on your mooring.

• Greenie 2

5 hours ago, matty40s said:

Cedar is headed North behind a nice Norton Canes Jeanie Dean's. The chap on Cedar obviously hasnt dressed for the occasion and looks bedraggled and cold!!

Hope you weren't the boat we collided with at a bridge today!

The funny thing is the guy on Cedar (my friend helping move back up to Tamworth) is very sensitive to the cold, silly idiot didn't even bring a coat! And the stove needs a seeing to before use!

• Greenie 2

If anyone is interested (and I don't mean the usual negative, doom mongers on here that pick fault with everything) there is an opportunity for the right person to acquire the Gort.

It hasn't been advertised yet and I by no means claim to have any 'inside knowledge' but I believe the current owner has very recently decided to sell up.

3 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Best to go to Braunston to view it as the other one is Leicester.

3 hours ago, magnetman said:

Vesta is quite a nice article. 

Vesta is presumably a shortend Harland and Wolfe Motor, originally built for the G.U.C.C.C. Is there any reason why it has Yarwoods style handrails on the cabin roof?

• Greenie 1