Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Ah but it isn't an advert is it? The boat is not for sale yet. But if it was for sale and this was an advert, this post would in the wrong section and in breach of the site rules. But it isn't so it isn't, if you get my meaning! It's just a notice that this boat will be coming to market soon.

Your follicular bisection course is evidently doing you a power of good.

Your follicular bisection course is evidently doing you a power of good.

Thank you!

For the benefit of other readers here I'd like to point out that follicular bisection is completely different from hair splitting. The follicle is the part of the skin the hair grows from, and is not the hair itself, so is a different exercise from splitting hairs.

I hope that clears up any assumptions or misunderstandings.

Spikes, nuts and bolts initially.

Luck and memory as the years pass.

...or, to use an expression which my parents used to employ, "Held together by charity". They didn't mean the Dock, but it may have been a case of many a true word spoken in jest.

Prickstick

Is that a derogatory term for someone desperately trying to keep their wooden boat together?

I'd heard body filler and self tapping screws were a popular method too.

Hazel was kept afloat with tampons and ripped up old t-shirts for some time.

Is that a derogatory term for someone desperately trying to keep their wooden boat together?

She was soft in places in 1993 when my parents raised her. When we viewed her at Pigeon Lock about 3 years ago, many of the soft bits were still soft if not even softer........ I believe she is having extensive works done at Clifton cruisers at present.

She was soft in places in 1993 when my parents raised her. When we viewed her at Pigeon Lock about 3 years ago, many of the soft bits were still soft if not even softer........ I believe she is having extensive works done at Clifton cruisers at present.

Sorry I was referring to the Runcorn boat not the Nurser.

Ill let you know if i spring a hole that needs plugging

I was involved with unsinking the Runcorn Hazel a couple of times- several pumps were required for a few hours. T shirts and the boat's curtains were used but I saw no evidence of tampons. What I did see deployed was the stock of toilet rolls from Hazel's "bathroom". The various bungs were left in place for several months after re-floating, it was not a pretty sight.

Bill

I was involved with unsinking the Runcorn Hazel a couple of times- several pumps were required for a few hours. T shirts and the boat's curtains were used but I saw no evidence of tampons. What I did see deployed was the stock of toilet rolls from Hazel's "bathroom". The various bungs were left in place for several months after re-floating, it was not a pretty sight.

Bill

I assisted in making her a bit less sieve-like once while she was afloat and we did pull a few of the little beggars out by their tails.

They actually did a good job of keeping the water out but...just..."No!"

Edited by carlt

I must be missing something here.

What is it to miss Athy?.......Directly under it says "Now has a working happy engine". It was a Butty back in the day (Paired with ASCOT), I think people are interested in this. And now it is not! :-)

Large Woolwich Butty - Town Class

Now has a working happy engine

Also people may be right about it being steel, we always thought it was iron. Though the surveyer seemed to think it was both. Anyway, it's still 8mm in most places which is fab!

Thanks

Danielle

Edited by danielleb