Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

yes, but that Snipe is not an Historic vessel, in the usually accepted sense. It was purpose built to replace the original Cowburn & Cowpar boat of that name.

Taurus is really Crater, though that's probably pointed out right at the start.

Tim

The boat listing on VC Marine shows Snipe as Under Offer so looks like the current Snipe\Taurus hotel pairing is going to be split up.

I see Tench is showing as Deposit Taken so I've just wasted £2 on a lottery ticket. I don't think Tench will fit under the Christmas tree so I bet the wife hasn't bought it as a surprise Christmas present either.

It's an old wooden boat that needs work.

The price is, in my opinion, realistic but they'll probably end up getting a lot less.

Pearl now down to £4950

http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/Canal-Narrow-Boats-for-sale/thomas-clayton-canal-cruiser/43209#8spKJAebYtKVx2xv.97

I do not want another Tar boat...I do not want another Tar boat...(repeat until the medication kicks in).

I see Tench is showing as Deposit Taken so I've just wasted £2 on a lottery ticket. I don't think Tench will fit under the Christmas tree so I bet the wife hasn't bought it as a surprise Christmas present either.

Where does it show as "deposit taken".

For me, on this Ducky advert, it still shows as "available".

(Not that I'm looking to take on a fourth boat right now!)

On the Alvecote Marina listing.

Edit: Sorry didn't see Carl had already posted the link.

Well its no surprise I guess.

If I had been looking for an unconverted Josher, this would have been a firm favourite.

Looks like they need to update the Duck linky, though.

Doctors - what do they know!

Having had, healthwise, the worst year of my life I'm under strict instructions from the OH to do as I'm told.

Nobody has mentioned skinny mahogany planks though so another project could be on the horizon, if the right one comes along.

It is a shame that a few good narrow boats are about at the moment, the money is there and the OH was coming round to the idea of a return to the canals.

Either that or maybe it was welded up and towed by a tug? Must be too wide to go on a truck.

(edit to add, by that I mean maybe the boat was taken to cornwall as an unconverted work boat and had the superstructure arrangement added when it was already there ) but to be fair with a 180hp detroit in there she isn't underpowered..

There was another Humber Keel (Beecliffe?) down there which I think now belongs to a forum member and they are planning to or have already come round to London from Cornwall.

She must be very wide because that domestic heating oil tank on the back looks really small !

Edited by magnetman