new crew member takes over the boat

luctor et emergo

Featured Posts

As from last Saterday, nb Heart of Gold has a new boss. Quite unexpectedly, this new crew member has taken wholehartedly to boating, despite not having any previous experience. Moving to a new spot seems fine, and even the noisy air-cooled engine does not faze him. Walking down the gunnel is going to take some practice, as I don't think he realises yet that you can only step of the gunnel on the one side...

Yes, I have taken in a cat, who was in need of a home. Probably aaround 5 to 8 months old, he comes from a farm where he was one of too many, and was taken by another driver, who passed him to me, as he already has a cat, and a dog.

Lister (what else would I call him? )is black and white and utterly unfazed by loud engines, or moving about. Perfect for me then.

Lister (what else would I call him? )is black and white

How lovely, I hope you'll get much pleasure from his company, and he from yours.

You gave up trying to find a green cat, then?

Perfect for me then.

Shurely "purrfect"?

As from last Saterday, nb Heart of Gold has a new boss. Quite unexpectedly, this new crew member has taken wholehartedly to boating, despite not having any previous experience. Moving to a new spot seems fine, and even the noisy air-cooled engine does not faze him. Walking down the gunnel is going to take some practice, as I don't think he realises yet that you can only step of the gunnel on the one side...

Yes, I have taken in a cat, who was in need of a home. Probably aaround 5 to 8 months old, he comes from a farm where he was one of too many, and was taken by another driver, who passed him to me, as he already has a cat, and a dog.

Lister (what else would I call him? )is black and white and utterly unfazed by loud engines, or moving about. Perfect for me then.

Congratulations. I hope you have many many happy years together.

IMHO a boat isn't a home without a cat :-)

Great name BTW. My previous boat cat was Theakston as he was an old peculiar rescue cat.

D

Congrats. Remember though, dogs have owners, cats have servants.

The 'not phased' must be colour specific. The B&W brothers,Spots & Stripes travel easily & are OK in the workshop with compressors starting, pneumatic wrenches/ riveters in use & 'helping' as I start engines. I expect a catspert will be in soon to say I'm talking rot.

taslim.

David, you obviously know the answer already :-).

Ray, yes, there is that angle too. I already have the link to THGTTG, now RedDwarf, all I need is a reference to the Millenium Falcon.

Next you be claiming that you did Kessel Canal in "less than twelve pub stops"

Edited by nbfiresprite

Well, time for an update. So I'm told. Lister has seemingly mafe the boat his home. He now goes out, and loves to explore new mooring spots, but readily comes back to the boat for shelter, food, and to move along. He seems to be practicing walking along the gunnel on the dry side, but judging by his progress, he's going to get wet soon...

Ps. I have not had a single sound out of him, other than loud and frantic purring wgen he's happy or content. I have a feeling that he can't make a noise, I.e. That he is the equivolent of being dumb. Not something I have come accross before with a cat. Anybody have?

Edited by luctor et emergo

Yes, be very glad of the peace & quiet! Pyxe doesn't shut up unless ahe is asleep! She announces she has come in, shouts if she can't get in cat flap due to a very large dog head sticking out of it and always when the bowl is empty! Sometimes she just sits in the middle of the boat and has a full scale conversation with herself for no apparent reason. At the moment she is sat looking out of the porthole at the ducks, making a chattering sound with her teeth. Not gota clue what it means, but then all bengals are bonkers :lol: