Jim Shead Site ?????

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Good grief! - Let's hope none of them ever have to pass through Camp Hill or Garrison locks!

One of my Thames cruiser mates went to the Medway...he thought it squalid, and now refers to it as the "Mudway" :P

I dunno what he would make of the Grand Canal Naas Branch! :o

Pict8518.jpg

One of my Thames cruiser mates went to the Medway...he thought it squalid, and now refers to it as the "Mudway" :P

I dunno what he would make of the Grand Canal Naas Branch! :o

Im not saying a word

You know what BCO are like :)

I am not impressed too. It's one of the first places I go whenever a stolen boat report comes up. Being able to link a name to a number and boat length can often lead to a photograph

This Tim Mountain has done the boasting community a major disservice

Richard

MORE: doing a Google search for "tim mountain" boat reveals Tim to be a regular reporter of unlicensed boats, a river user in the Benson area, a regular attendee of the River User Group meetings

Edited by RLWP

I am not impressed too. It's one of the first places I go whenever a stolen boat report comes up. Being able to link a name to a number and boat length can often lead to a photograph

This Tim Mountain has done the boasting community a major disservice

Richard

Let's hope Mr. Mountain dosen't get his boat stolen, I don't think many would be willing to help him now.

The nearest contact I can find is from here:

http://www.riverusergroups.co.uk/contact

The group publishing the PDF files of their minutes that mention Tim Mountain are Area 3, the contact is Peter Brass, his email is: rug3@riverusergroups.co.uk

I have emailed him

I appreciate that this may have been 123-Reg acting on behalf of Tim Mountain as an individual rather than from a request from the RUG

Richard

Is anyone here a part of the River Users Group (Area 3). I would like to find out how to pass a message of disgust on to them

Richard

Area3 contact details are:

RUG 3

Contact name: Peter Brass

Email: rug3@riverusergroups.co.uk

TBH I'd never heard of them but they seem quite active, looking at their website.

Edited: Beat me to it.

I appreciate that this may have been 123-Reg acting on behalf of Tim Mountain as an individual rather than from a request from the RUG

Looking at their October minutes it seems to read that he has (over)reacted to something raised at the meeting by someone else.

Edited by carlt

Don't have a go at Jim Shead or (perhaps) Tim Mountain, but more sensibly at EA and now CaRT.

It is they who have made the information publicly available and to my mind ought not to be.

EA used to say that the information would only be available to "persons who had a need" for the information and something to that effect was included in the original Thames T.W.O.

I gues that people get more sensitive to privacy issues nowadays as it's so easy to find someone's "inside leg measurement" (to target you for thre right size of trouser, you understand). That makes folks uneasy.

and of course the complaints have raised the awareness of Posh Boats on the Thames (hereinafter PBoT)....

Have a look at this:

http://www.radcotcru...c.php?f=5&t=107

Tim Mountain's email address is protestagainst.theidiot@ntlworld.com

Richard

Just written to Mr. Mountain at the given address and my email has bounced back

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<protestagainst.theidiot@ntlworld.com>:

Remote host said: 550 5.1.1 http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=6596 h7si7049687wjx.132 - gsmtp [RCPT_TO]

Email sent to Tim Mountain at the aforementioned address.

Perhaps everyone should email him with their views.

"Sir,

I wish to point out that your actions in complaining about the publication on Jim Sheads website of public information relating to the registration of boats on the inland waterways system is nothing short of selfish and misguided. Your actions have resulted in the withdrawal of a service which many people, myself included, found useful. It must now be obvious to you that you had no legal basis for your complaint. Will you be issuing a public apology?

People such as yourself, sir, should practice thinking before you speak in future, as your selfish actions are not welcome by the rest of us.

Ian Richards"

Don't have a go at Jim Shead or (perhaps) Tim Mountain, but more sensibly at EA and now CaRT.

It is they who have made the information publicly available and to my mind ought not to be.

You wouldn't have enjoyed boating between 1971 and 1995, then, when everybody had a statutory right to examine the register and, for the sum of 10p, get a copy of any entry they desired.

Have a look at this:

http://www.radcotcru...c.php?f=5&t=107

Tim Mountain's email address is protestagainst.theidiot@ntlworld.com

Richard

Back in the early days, the boat listing included information about home moorings, and the link you refer to is about that.

Whilst Jim removed the information (and I can see why people would be uncomfortable about that), it seems that Mr Mountain isn't one to step away from a deceased equine and has had a further go.

I've dropped my contact at ORG a note, and if push comes to shove and Jim doesn't want to fight this, I see many many ways to get this information will end up online again, and online so as to keep Mr Mountain at bay.

EA used to say that the information would only be available to "persons who had a need" for the information and something to that effect was included in the original Thames T.W.O.

I gues that people get more sensitive to privacy issues nowadays as it's so easy to find someone's "inside leg measurement" (to target you for thre right size of trouser, you understand). That makes folks uneasy.

and of course the complaints have raised the awareness of Posh Boats on the Thames (hereinafter PBoT)....

So, some information should only be available to journalists with open cheque books?

Security through obscurity is no security at all, and if you imagine that removing this site contributes to anything other than an entirely false sense of security you are mistaken.