Let The Silly Season Begin

Doorman

Featured Posts

Silly season; pompous and self-righteous old grumps moaning about niceties of behaviour.

Come on? Is the fact that someone needed to move a rope a good reason for name and shame abuse on a national forum? Did they really really cause you or anybody else the slightest inconvenience?

Roll on the winter when you can go back to screaming at old ladies who make mistakes on roundabouts.

For once I do agree with you :o

• Greenie 1

Guest wanted

I do think that some people see themselves in a divine bubble where they couldn't possible be part of the problem. Traffic congestion is a classic example, You are not in a jam, you are the jam! We all cause hold ups and issues because we choose to keep big floaty things on a ditch, a deep breath and relax usually helps the situation.

I hope the blokes who tied up were not put off, they are putting valuble resorces into keeping our lifestyle/hobby viable.

the onbe that annoys me is in Nantwich, where the water point and service station has room for two 57ft boats. Ignoring the morons that moor in the centre, BW let out a winter mooring on the water point to the adjacent hire fleet.

the onbe that annoys me is in Nantwich, where the water point and service station has room for two 57ft boats. Ignoring the morons that moor in the centre, BW let out a winter mooring on the water point to the adjacent hire fleet.

Maybe the tap was frozen up. :unsure:

Greenies for Carl and Chris

If I could apply a "blackie" to Carl and Chris' posts, I would. The network gets very busy at this time of year and condoning selfish behaviour only makes things worse. In any case, what is wrong with a good old fahioned moan especially when it is accompanyied by nice pictures! Isn't steam-letting one of this forum's services?

If I could apply a "blackie" to Carl and Chris' posts, I would. The network gets very busy at this time of year and condoning selfish behaviour only makes things worse. In any case, what is wrong with a good old fahioned moan especially when it is accompanyied by nice pictures! Isn't steam-letting one of this forum's services?

The "blackie's" were -ve red jobs until they were removed by the mods.

It was hardly that selfish. Someone had to untie a rope. Woopy doo.

If untying a rope puts you out then you really shouldnt be boating :wacko:

You know, Nick, you're absolutely right. The selfish behaviour that really makes me sick is the people who spend $1 each welding washers to their boat in an amusing pastiche of rivets when a billion people in the world earn less than this a day.

I mean, can you imagine anyone would be that selfish?

*source; http://www.wri.org/chart/population-living-less-than-1-per-day-1981-2004

There you go - that's my steam released.

If I could apply a "blackie" to Carl and Chris' posts, I would. The network gets very busy at this time of year and condoning selfish behaviour only makes things worse.

How strange that you interpret any of my posts, in this thread, as condoning selfish behaviour.

Unless you count my explanation of why water points are located where they are as such.

In any case, I don't see how condoning any behaviour, selfish or not, can make things worse, or better, unless you think I, or Chris, have far more influence on such matters than we are aware of.

Edited to add: I also note that I didn't get a greenie, as promised...Does Luctor's post constitute a contract?

Edited by carlt

I remember one water point on the River Lee that could only be accessed whilst in the lock.

Most of them used to be like that. The working boatman would fill up his water cans while the boat was locking through. No delay to other boats, and no need to get a (sometimes loaded) boat into the bank elsewhere. Its only since pleasure boaters with large water tanks came along that taps away from locks have been needed.

How strange that you interpret any of my posts, in this thread, as condoning selfish behaviour.

Unless you count my explanation of why water points are located where they are as such.

In any case, I don't see how condoning any behaviour, selfish or not, can make things worse, or better, unless you think I, or Chris, have far more influence on such matters than we are aware of.

Edited to add: I also note that I didn't get a greenie, as promised...Does Luctor's post constitute a contract?

Dear Mr Carlt. Thank you for contacting Greenie Customer Services. I am so sorry you think you have mislaid a Greenie. We have checked your account and no such Greenie was awarded by Mr Luctor. We also uphold your complaint regarding Mr Nicknorman's comments on your alleged condoning of selfish behaviour since your posts contains no such condonation. We hope this resolves the matter to your satisfaction and that you will continue to use our services in future.

Kind Regards - the Greenie Customer Service team.

You know, Nick, you're absolutely right. The selfish behaviour that really makes me sick is the people who spend $1 each welding washers to their boat in an amusing pastiche of rivets when a billion people in the world earn less than this a day.

I mean, can you imagine anyone would be that selfish?

You are forgetting that each washer is sourced from a sweatshop in the Far East where the orphan child labour force receives 1 cent for each one they produce with their bare and bleeding hands. By working a 20 hour day they make enough money to buy mouldy rice which keeps them alive. If the demand for boat washers ceased, there would be no work for them and they would die of starvation. So really, far from being selfish, I am doing them a great favour by passing my business their way.

• Greenie 2

Greenie now added.

Couldn't do so earlier, as my phone won't let me. I have been to phone assertiveness class, but it still bullies me.

:rolleyes:

Dear Mr Carlt. Thank you for contacting Greenie Customer Services. I am so sorry you think you have mislaid a Greenie. We have checked your account and no such Greenie was awarded by Mr Luctor. We also uphold your complaint regarding Mr Nicknorman's comments on your alleged condoning of selfish behaviour since your posts contains no such condonation. We hope this resolves the matter to your satisfaction and that you will continue to use our services in future.

Kind Regards - the Greenie Customer Service team.

You are forgetting that each washer is sourced from a sweatshop in the Far East where the orphan child labour force receives 1 cent for each one they produce with their bare and bleeding hands. By working a 20 hour day they make enough money to buy mouldy rice which keeps them alive. If the demand for boat washers ceased, there would be no work for them and they would die of starvation. So really, far from being selfish, I am doing them a great favour by passing my business their way.

Nick,have a greenie from me,i find your posts 'riveting' but not ranting or rude.

Is that tap still ridiculously slow?

I had the theory that it was deliberate, encouraging you to nip in for a pint while the tank fills up.

It's been fixed ish. Filled the water tank last week and it took less than 2 days! One was out of action for months and that's also working.

This could be a true statement.

Does it? All it proves is that when the picture was taken there was an available space.

:closedeyes:

I can confirm that the pictures were taken within minutes of each other and the space illustrated in the second picture, was more than adequate to accommodate the length of the hire boat.

Just ask my dog Paddy, he was there with me!

Mike

Silly season; pompous and self-righteous old grumps moaning about niceties of behaviour.

Chris,

were you looking in the mirror when you made that statement!

Meldrew

A four branch manifold fitted beneath the deck to your tanks filler down pipe would help,as you could run piping to fillers at all four corners of your boat.which would help a lot i think. :closedeyes:

Ahh yes. Remembering one of your previous posts. This also doubles as a multi point voice pipe communications system!:)

Edited by Radiomariner

I can confirm that the pictures were taken within minutes of each other and the space illustrated in the second picture, was more than adequate to accommodate the length of the hire boat.

but can you confirm that you saw the 'offending' boat moor up and was the space available when it did.

devil-smiley-019.gif

Ahh yes. Remembering one of your previous posts. This also doubles as a multi point voice pipe communications system!:)

You've got it.

So if you have a stowaway hiding in your water tank they can be shouted to from any of the four fillers.They can also be heard by four people stationed at each filler. :mellow:

but can you confirm that you saw the 'offending' boat moor up and was the space available when it did.

devil-smiley-019.gif

My we are bored today! But even if there was no space, does that make it OK to moor at the water point and then go for a session in the pub?