i started the stupid rule topic because i think bw needs to change

floatingtraders

Featured Posts

I thought that current wisdom was that the historical Jesus probably did exist, and there was probably more than one of him. In other words, there were a few people fitting the historical description, but since they were all illiterate Palestinian jews, we have no reliable accounts.

The existence of the religious Jesus, in the sense of the son of a deity, is another matter altogether. I'd agree with Phylis that since there are no gods, they can't have sons!

I don't know what Dave's religious or humanist worldview might be (nor is it any of my business unless he wants me to know), but I think he is factually correct.

The fact that his command of the English Language and ability to express himself in it is poor is merely a minor point.

The main issue is that he seems to be incapable of actually thinking about anything logically.

Dave, is thinking logically a requirement to be treated reasonably on this or any other forum?

moderators should lock this thread!!

The process to do that is to report the thread and put your opinion of why it should be reported into the message. The report button is in the bottom left hand corner of each post

The moderators will review the thread and your opinion, probably have a discussion, and then take action if they think it is appropriate

They rarely act without a thread being reported - they can't monitor every post on every thread all the time

Richard

The process to do that is to report the thread and put your opinion of why it should be reported into the message. The report button is in the bottom left hand corner of each post

The moderators will review the thread and your opinion, probably have a discussion, and then take action if they think it is appropriate

They rarely act without a thread being reported - they can't monitor every post on every thread all the time

Richard

Mods. I have reported this port because Richard is being far too sensible :P

Do keep up at the back.

Whilst it is perfectly possible to put forward arguments as to who Jesus was and who he was not, there is AMPLE evidence that the person that we now refer to as Jesus existed.

'Scuse me, but I already said that! Where's my greenie? :huh:

And I agree it's time this thread was locked. Not because of anyone's spellings, grammar, punctuation, religious beliefs or lack of them, but because this is a narrowboat forum! :smiley_offtopic:

'Scuse me, but I already said that! Where's my greenie? :huh:

And I agree it's time this thread was locked. Not because of anyone's spellings, grammar, punctuation, religious beliefs or lack of them, but because this is a narrowboat forum! :smiley_offtopic:

That is factually incorrect :P

It's happening again- somebody has a rant, we look at it, then we reply and then everyone looks at it,replies and on it goes.

Can somebody please start an interesting thread- rather than all this twaddle

It's happening again- somebody has a rant, we look at it, then we reply and then everyone looks at it,replies and on it goes.

Feel free to start a topic which you find interesting :cheers:

I already said that, too!

<shouts> Helloooo! Can anybody hear me? :help:

Dave, is thinking logically a requirement to be treated reasonably on this or any other forum?

Indeed not.

However, when your lack of logical thinking results in you doin nothing but spouting ill tempered, factually inaccurate crap, it will be treated as such.

Funny how it start on one subject goes thought many diverse subjects then slowly dies to nothing

Checked with word checker

And grammar well????? I am a Geordie here’s my dictionary

http://newcastleupontyne.tripod.com/geordie.html

Its ok I can understand Geordie to a point as I use to work with lots of them.

A forum is as good as the contributions of its members.

If your contribution is to merely ask someone else to use their imagination, because you are unable, or unwilling, to use yours, then you are not exactly bringing anything tasty to the picnic, are you?

Go on, I dare you, start an interesting thread yourself, rather than add to all this, so-called, twaddle.

The bit that, as Carlt says gets a bit hazy, is the events after the crucifixion.

I also struggle a little bit with Jesus' Derren Brown stuff, the whole of the Old Testament and the fanciful interpretations of the New Testament.

The "It doesn't matter how nice you are, my all merciful god will condemn you to hell for eternity, for not believing in him." doesn't wash too well either.

Nice music though.

Have a greenie from me :) none of us are perfect and sometimes we might get cross, due to events in our lives, and not be able to express ourselves as well on a forum as we would face to face. I would be also very cross and very sad if what had happened to Floating had happened to my boat.

The saying 'treat others as you would like to be treated' aint so hard to do folks. :)

edited : as my typing is always perfick ;) lol

Do you really have a boat called "Magical beautiful tree spirit"?

You do know there's no charge for changing a boat's name don't you?

You could call it "Kingfisher" or "Narrow escape".

Who gave it that name? Were they ever caught?

Edited by Sir Nibble

Do you really have a boat called "Magical beautiful tree spirit"?

You do know there's no charge for changing a boat's name don't you?

You could call it "Kingfisher" or "Narrow escape".

Who gave it that name? Were they ever caught?

Dear Sir Nibble here are my the answers to your questions :

(1) Yes!! I do indeedy ;

(2) Yes !! I do indeedy ;

(3) Hmm... well since it is MY BOAT, I can call it whatever I like ;) ( just like everyone else, its called let me think a while ......

sits knitting, attempts a dozen crosswords, bakes a yummy banana & walnut cake, walks the dog, sets off for work and then returns back from work .... ah!! where was I ?? oh!! yes FREEDOM OF CHOICE :rolleyes:

(4) Curtseyes and smiles :rolleyes: who do you think gave it that name ??? No! not ghengis khan, No! not kunta kinte, not even spike (bless him ) milligan, Not even a whole tribe of Amazons......

YES!! by jove I think hes got it ..... it was indeedy moi treepoet also known as tree and in my work capacity Lorraine ( OI!! now now NO quiche lorraine jokes pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.

I do indeed hope that your curiosity has now been satisfied ;) if not well erm...... as they say in the movies ' thats life' or was it Ester, well by now i am sure that you get my drift :rolleyes:

edited cos i missed a bit ' Were they ever caught' ??? whispers... I was a very fast sprinter at my schools ( like the wind ;) and even now yer would have to be ruddy fast to catch me .... ;)

Edited by tree
  • Greenie 2

I'm with tree on this one Sir Nibble.............if a change of name is in order the name should have some meaning to you and evidently tree has named her boat with a name that has meaning to her. In any case too may Hideaways, narrow Escapes, Kingfishers etc etc on the cut.

• Greenie 1

I'm with tree on this one Sir Nibble.............if a change of name is in order the name should have some meaning to you and evidently tree has named her boat with a name that has meaning to her. In any case too may Hideaways, narrow Escapes, Kingfishers etc etc on the cut.

:) you know me so well lol, I dont think 'totally off her head with the faeries 90% of her time' would fit on my panels lol treescrunching huggles to you and yours xxxxxx