i started the stupid rule topic because i think bw needs to change

floatingtraders

Featured Posts

Dear Sir Nibble here are my the answers to your questions :

(1) Yes!! I do indeedy ;

(2) Yes !! I do indeedy ;

(3) Hmm... well since it is MY BOAT, I can call it whatever I like ;) ( just like everyone else, its called let me think a while ......

sits knitting, attempts a dozen crosswords, bakes a yummy banana & walnut cake, walks the dog, sets off for work and then returns back from work .... ah!! where was I ?? oh!! yes FREEDOM OF CHOICE :rolleyes:

(4) Curtseyes and smiles :rolleyes: who do you think gave it that name ??? No! not ghengis khan, No! not kunta kinte, not even spike (bless him ) milligan, Not even a whole tribe of Amazons......

YES!! by jove I think hes got it ..... it was indeedy moi treepoet also known as tree and in my work capacity Lorraine ( OI!! now now NO quiche lorraine jokes pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.

I do indeed hope that your curiosity has now been satisfied ;) if not well erm...... as they say in the movies ' thats life' or was it Ester, well by now i am sure that you get my drift :rolleyes:

edited cos i missed a bit ' Were they ever caught' ??? whispers... I was a very fast sprinter at my schools ( like the wind ;) and even now yer would have to be ruddy fast to catch me .... ;)

well done like your style pet

have a greenie

well done like your style pet

have a greenie

:blush: thank you,

It is all down to a childhood diet of yorkshire puddings, lard on toast and of course my favourite pigs trotters mmmm...., washed down with dandelion & burdock, happy days lol, and this all has a strange effect on ones sense of humour, well thats my excuse and I am sticking to it :rolleyes: and if it made you chuckle all the better. :)

No I am not a troll, and I have as much right to post as you do, I have no knowledge of the OP, but I do have a bit of sympathy for him, and we cant all have university grade English when posting, I assumed this forum was for all boaters, not just a select few cynics.

Greenie, Nora

• Greenie 1

I'd love to see the full list of ingredients for that cake :)

:rolleyes: here you go : Self raising flour, sugar & a bit of honey cos it makes it taste yummier, butter, chopped walnuts, chuck in a few sultanas, and most important bananas that are going brown, mix it all togther, haave lots of licking of the spoon, chuck in the over , with a sprinkling of sugar on the top , bake for about 20 mins and then swoon at the wonderful smell wafting round the kitchen.

leave to stand for about 5 mins ( if you can wait that long heheh). Serve with a dollop of clotted cream and enjoy with a steaming mug of tea :) IMO nowt better for putting a smile on yer face and a satisfied feeling in yer tummy. Now the important part after stuffing yer face with this gorgeous concoction, sit for about 2 hours, then after maybe feeling a lickle bit guilty at your indulgence.. vanish those OH!! how many calories have I just consumed ?????? with a run around the park with a canine companion. If you have no canine companion then erm...... just run round anyway, about 10 mins will do. then you will feel all hunky dory and not guilty at all :rolleyes: the cake will last about !! well in my house about 2 days LOL

concentrate tree :blink: yer spellings gone all wonky, well i am supposed to be typing invoices not nattering on here :blink: right back off to work enjoy your day folks :)

Edited by tree

• 7 months later...

i started the stupid rule topic because i think bw needs to change..they are not likley to change them if we dont demand change.

18 mounths ago i took my boat to coventry to fit her out i pulled at a waterways mooring point to ask the people there what it was like.. as soon as i had stopped this man started shouting at me from accross the canal you cant moor there this very rude man that runs the swan lane wharf.. without arguing with him i moved and moored further along later the scum in coventry stole my boat,and trashed it.this man saw them doing it .. he said yes i saw them they were chucking things out the windows and letting off the fire extinguishers as they passed by his wife said oh it was terrible. i stood there listening to him telling me how he watched them, i was boiling mad and if his wife had not been there i would of knocked him out when he said no i didnt try and stop them no i didint ring the police.....i had to leave when i went back to see him the next day and he was walking his dog as i got there he was throwing the dog mess into the canal.. i said it is an offence the pollute the canal his reply was its only i bit of dog shit i explaind to him he should know better and as i was getting very angry he locked him self behind his gates.because of his silly stupid rules it cost me thousands of pounds damage to my boat.the supid mooring rules need changing and the staff need better guide lines and training.

posts replies tell me that this is not a bw mooring point and i am a fool to think it is i will check. for now i have edited this post.

I have to apologise for this unacceptable behaviour and can only imagine how infuriated you must feel. Swan Lane Wharf Ltd is indeed a private (Non profit making) company and the people you describe were our responsibility. They were not employees because we don’t have any but they were the occupants of our wharf accommodation and in return for some caretaking and maintenance duties we provided remuneration. Unfortunately people being what they are, what was said during an introduction wasn’t a true representation of the character of the people, or their dog. These people after a protracted and unpleasant process are no longer with us at Swan Lane Wharf and so as a director of the company I hope you will accept our sincere apologies and assurances that we did recognise there was a problem and acted appropriately.

I have to apologise for this unacceptable behaviour and can only imagine how infuriated you must feel. Swan Lane Wharf Ltd is indeed a private (Non profit making) company and the people you describe were our responsibility. They were not employees because we don’t have any but they were the occupants of our wharf accommodation and in return for some caretaking and maintenance duties we provided remuneration. Unfortunately people being what they are, what was said during an introduction wasn’t a true representation of the character of the people, or their dog. These people after a protracted and unpleasant process are no longer with us at Swan Lane Wharf and so as a director of the company I hope you will accept our sincere apologies and assurances that we did recognise there was a problem and acted appropriately.

You didn't have to write that, so well done for doing so anyway.

I hope that in some way it helps settle the mind of the OP who was obviously a bit shaken up by being shouted at, and even more so later on when their boat was damaged (though I don't think the two things were connected, if I read the initial report right).

I'm also a bit ashamed at the online lynching they appear to have received and note that this vindicates their account of events. If someone stops for advice there is no reason not to be friendly to them, even if that advice does include moving their boat up a bit. No reason for rudeness, surely?