i started the stupid rule topic because i think bw needs to change

floatingtraders

Featured Posts

It's all rather unsatisfactory though, there is no contemporary record of Jesus' existence. The Roman historian Josephus made a passing reference to a man who might have been Jesus but that's about it and that document has been tampered with by Christian scribes. Everything else was written years after the events that are presented as fact, maybe as long as 100 years after in the case of some of the Gospels. Paul of Tarsus was the man who "invented" Christianity with the help of Peter, when he realised the people he was persecuting were actually onto something that could work; that was his Damascine conversion, so he set about knocking it into shape and made a very good job of it. Even his fate is uncertain and unrecorded.

Thank you, I've run out of greenies, otherwise I would have given you one for that

Richard

Here we go again, with out getting into the spelling and grammar, the OP has done it again, posting nonsense in such a way to get volatile response. It seems to me that he is only here for exposure for his own ends anyway. So why do we entertain him?

cheers.gif

A

Hi Nora

Yes again I find myself agreeing with yet another forum member who like myself realises that in the greater scheme of things good gwamma and schpellin is simply trivia. If some one for whatever reason does not put various dots and dashes in the correct place the post takes a little longer to decipher which is no big deal at all. have a greenie. :cheers:

Couldn't,agree'more,mrsmelly,as eye'm know skoller.either;-!eh!!sOmeTImeS cRumb''s get cort underr my quay-board and Causes lott's of gramatickle and speling missteak's and problem''s. :mellow:

Couldn't,agree'more,mrsmelly,as eye'm know skoller.either;-!eh!!sOmeTImeS cRumb''s get cort underr my quay-board and Causes lott's of gramatickle and speling missteak's and problem''s. :mellow:

Ther ya see Biz...........theres proof it doesnt matter, it took me less than ten minutes to decipher your post :lol:

Ther ya see Biz...........theres proof it doesnt matter, it took me less than ten minutes to decipher your post :lol:

As quick as that,blimey.Yes but seriously,i have no trouble at all reading posts perhaps written by someone who has a bit of a problem with reading and writing,as i know that they perhaps are struggling to get it right and putting in a lot of effort. I always find those posts always very genuine and polite and also very genuinely appreciative if helped with any problem they may have.I have a lot of time for them.

In fact, that's the first of Bizzard's posts that has taken me less than ten minutes to decipher

Richard

:P

No I am not a troll, and I have as much right to post as you do, I have no knowledge of the OP, but I do have a bit of sympathy for him, and we cant all have university grade English when posting, I assumed this forum was for all boaters, not just a select few cynics.

your right of course.

Well given what's been said here I am certainly NOT going to be the one to point out that it should be "you're". :P

I took it to mean "Your right" as in "Your right to post" and not "You are (you're) right," but then you could be right and it is indeed your right to assume it meant "You're right."

I took it to mean "Your right" as in "Your right to post" and not "You are (you're) right," but then you could be right and it is indeed your right to assume it meant "You're right."

Have a greenie for an eloquent demonstration of the importance of grammar and punctuation.

Well given what's been said here I am certainly NOT going to be the one to point out that it should be "you're". :P

Fine by me, spell checkers don't tell you if you have the right word. if it wasn't for the on line spell checker you wouldn't understand a word of it.

I don't give a (put your own word in)

Fine by me, spell checkers don't tell you if you have the right word. if it wasn't for the on line spell checker you wouldn't understand a word of it.

I don't give a (put your own word in)

Me neither :) I seriously thought that you meant "your right to post " because the post you replied to had something to that effect, although my post got a bit daft. Wasn't meaning to ridicule anybody and if it appears that way then I humbly apologise :cheers: I too rely on spell checkers because I often spell things incorrectly, only to see mistakes later; that is why many of my posts are edited. I am a far better proof reader than writer for some reason :mellow:

Edited for spelling :(

Edited by Guest

I am dissapointed in this discussion, I am sorry for Journeyman having his boat trashed, I would be very angry and upset if it happened to me!some of the people that have posted, come across as smug and cynical, and I begrudge putting money on my dongle to see nasty remarks made about others posters typing ability, enough comma,s for you. and a full stop. Nora.

Have a greenie from me :) none of us are perfect and sometimes we might get cross, due to events in our lives, and not be able to express ourselves as well on a forum as we would face to face. I would be also very cross and very sad if what had happened to Floating had happened to my boat.

The saying 'treat others as you would like to be treated' aint so hard to do folks. :)

edited : as my typing is always perfick ;) lol

Edited by tree

That will be because Jesus never bloody existed :banghead:

Do keep up at the back.

Whilst it is perfectly possible to put forward arguments as to who Jesus was and who he was not, there is AMPLE evidence that the person that we now refer to as Jesus existed.

• Greenie 1

I am dissapointed in this discussion, I am sorry for Journeyman having his boat trashed, I would be very angry and upset if it happened to me!some of the people that have posted, come across as smug and cynical, and I begrudge putting money on my dongle to see nasty remarks made about others posters typing ability, enough comma,s for you. and a full stop. Nora.

The fact that his command of the English Language and ability to express himself in it is poor is merely a minor point.

The main issue is that he seems to be incapable of actually thinking about anything logically.