Ebay vintage engine sales

MtB

Featured Posts

Y'think? It's a damn convenient way of keeping dirt out and the oil in. For a disconnected gearbox it makes a useful handle too

Richard

I guessed that was probably the reason, but on others for sale I have seen the deluxe handle fitted which comprises two hoses with a heat exchanger in between.

I guessed that was probably the reason, but on others for sale I have seen the deluxe handle fitted which comprises two hoses with a heat exchanger in between.

Perfectly adequate for test running. I don't know which exact model the box is, but it looks generously specced for that size of engine.

Tim

We got offered these two a couple of weeks ago. When he said what model they were I started with the yes answer, but once you had factored in moving and dismantling the boat to get them out, plus the cranage and the time it wasn't such a great deal. although the price is about the right money for used unknowns but add on everything else and it come out considerably more that.

Still lovely engines mind you that dont come up often.

We got offered these two a couple of weeks ago. When he said what model they were I started with the yes answer, but once you had factored in moving and dismantling the boat to get them out, plus the cranage and the time it wasn't such a great deal. although the price is about the right money for used unknowns but add on everything else and it come out considerably more that.

Still lovely engines mind you that dont come up often.

Gardner No2 Conic Drive boxes, not ideal for a canal boat, sadly would be better replaced with something more modern.

Electric start engines, though.

Tim

Gardner No2 Conic Drive boxes, not ideal for a canal boat, sadly would be better replaced with something more modern.

Electric start engines, though.

Tim

Considering the amount of room the gearoxes take up you are right they are not ideal. But having said that they are original and it would be one of those moments where you can feel the engine gods punishing you for taking them off and adding something modern.

Just noticed while looking for a workshop manual that there is a Coventry Victor HDW with later gearbox on auction at moment, apparently good £99 no bids at Market Harborough. Not sure how to link but ' coventry victor engine ' works if anyone interested.

You all know my attraction to highly inappropriate engines...

$_12.JPG

Richard

Oi! This forum isn't just for narrowboaters, you know!

This is an ER6 which I get called to drive occasionally:-

Tim

Edited by Timleech

You all know my attraction to highly inappropriate engines...

If you want a really interesting (but probably pointless!) toy, this popped up for me on the "people also viewed" listings at the bottom.

Linky

What fun!