Going boating tomorrow

J R ALSOP

Featured Posts

Going boating tomorrow, starting at Worsley dry dock on the Bridgewater, then into Manchester, down onto the Ship Canal to Weston Marsh Lock then up the Weaver to Northwich with L&L short boat "Humber" with Gardner 4 LK, weather set for rain and worse but I don't care!. Further trips planed for Liverpool, Lancaster and Leeds, then to Lincoln. After that down the coast to the Thames and up the GU.

Going boating tomorrow, starting at Worsley dry dock on the Bridgewater, then into Manchester, down onto the Ship Canal to Weston Marsh Lock then up the Weaver to Northwich with L&L short boat "Humber" with Gardner 4 LK, weather set for rain and worse but I don't care!. Further trips planed for Liverpool, Lancaster and Leeds, then to Lincoln. After that down the coast to the Thames and up the GU.

Wow!! what a trip it sounds fantastic :) enjoy and have a wonderful time and lots of pictures please :)

Sounds like a super trip. Give us a shout when you are in the Lincoln area :cheers:

ETA: Very jealous as our first holiday isnt whilst Easter :(

Will still be boating but only at weekends until then.

Edited by Phylis

We aim to leave Worsley about 4pm, if you phone me on 07956656063 I can let you know nearer the time.

Cheers Roger, but won't be about at the time. I'm off up to Middlewich soon for a towing job up to Stone.

Have fun :cheers:

Iona should be heading up the |Soar to loughborough today.

apparently there's a Beer Festival on........ :cheers:

And a lovely day you've got for boating ....

Ange

In the office while Dave & Matty cuise to Lougborough

:(

Good timing as the Aqueduct shuts next week for 2 week annual maintenance.

Steve

So envious, we have no boating planned this year at all - taking a tent to France for 2 weeks as I am in dire need of warmth, last year we managed 4 days before the Much Beloved was called back to work, so hope your trip is fabby.

Hello Roger

For those of us still floating on the drought stricken GU south inc Aylesbury your posting is nothing more than "just showing off" its not big and its not clever ! By the way, hope "Humber" has proper toilet arrangements like what we have ! Take care of yourself. Mike.

Hello Roger

For those of us still floating on the drought stricken GU south inc Aylesbury your posting is nothing more than "just showing off" its not big and its not clever ! By the way, hope "Humber" has proper toilet arrangements like what we have ! Take care of yourself. Mike.

:wacko: Did somebody squeek ?

We were going boating for the weekend tomorrow, but the Mrs pulled the plug on account of the unfavourable weatehr forecast :(

Owen. hello. Just go boating. I wish I was nearer to Nightwatch. I would certainly boat much more if I was on the doorstep of our mooring.

Cold is in the mind. Wet is on the outside. Beer is in the fridge.

Martyn

Hello Roger

You can't expect those that can still boat to temper their enthusiasm just because you can't! It's got nothing to do with showing off, just sharing excitement.

You can't expect those that can still boat to temper their enthusiasm just because you can't! It's got nothing to do with showing off, just sharing excitement.

Exactly Ange I totally agree, if you can still get out and enjoy your boating do so :) It sounds a fabulous trip and I am that excited,that I wish that I was going as well lol ;)

Hello Roger

Ah! - - It's an ill whinge that blows no good

Bit late setting of from Worsley dry dock (2015), went over the "Tank" at 2200 after picking up a carpet on the prop. Tied up at Castlefield after winding at 2245 ready to go down Pomona at 0800 Saturday. BWB turned up right on time and we tied up at the end of Number 9 dock, between the new BBC HQ and the Lowery Centre. We decided to have a day of so I used a day tram ticket to go to Bury, for three reasons, 1 to find a bit of the Mc'r Bolton & Bury Canal, go for a train ride on Class 50 Vailiant hauled excursion at the railway centre, and thirdly to Bury Market for bag of Black puddings, you should be able to get them on the NHS.

Passage down Mode Wheel was for 0800 today, all that water 4 locks in all you could have filled all of the Tring summit from bone dry twice over, did not see another boat on the move all day till we got to Weston Marsh Lock at the start of the river Weaver, 30 & 8's rowing boats arriving above the lock to start a race back to the Runcorn's rowing club HQ. It can only be called chaos, but the 4LK put a turn of speed on just over 7 mph and we won the race to the line.

The weather had now turned dry but a gale blowing at the junction, but after a couple of miles we were in sheltered water, the sun came out and we tied up below Dutton Lock, ready to book a passage tomorrow.