Any quirky / unusual Photo's you've taken?

Mick_B

Featured Posts

His grey haired friend is just to his right about a few yards to the rear, arm is raised ,maybe calling him not to jump in the empty lock , probably ignored his mate and now his ghost visits the spot when someone gets a camera out.

Edited by gaggle

His grey haired friend is just to his right about a few yards to the rear, arm is raised ,maybe calling him not to jump in the empty lock , probably ignored his mate and now his ghost visits the spot when someone gets a camera out.

Looks more like a man carrying a dismembered torso to me. :unsure:

I'm staying clear of Audlum from now on.

Nothing too quirky about this photo......

r8uh07.jpg

Now take a close look at photo below and in particular, the two figures near the paddle spindle on the left hand balance beam. Spooky or what? The first photo was taken recently at lock 13, Audlem. The second photo was taken about three years ago when we first visited the village by car.

It's only when I used it as my 'wallpaper' on the desk top of the PC, did I notice the strange outlines near the beam. Now, whether you believe in ghosts or not, if ever you visit Audlem, nip in the Shroppie Fly pub and speak to some of the locals. They'll enlarge upon the tales around the canal and that's even before they've sampled the spirits from behind the bar!

35hfgxj.jpg

Mike

If you change the colour to Sepia...save as a screen saver you can see the shape of a man and a women clearly, he is on the beam and she is slightly back from the lock itself... well I can with my super doooopa spectracles. :help:

If you change the colour to Sepia...save as a screen saver you can see the shape of a man and a women clearly, he is on the beam and she is slightly back from the lock itself... well I can with my super doooopa spectracles. :help:

You have got me at it - still nothing

Cant you put a picture up ------------- IS THIS A WIND UP????blush.gif

Alex

I do all of that and have put it in photoshop and fiddled with- I understand the bit you're talking about where the lines look wavy but I think saying you can see 'the shape of a man and woman clearly' is either over stating it or over active imagination!

If you are sure, then please screenshot the version you're viewing and post it please!

He only looks as if he is standing on the beam , the size of him in perspective has him on the footbath behind the beam , walking up from the boats ? the figure behind him to his right arm raised looks to be stanced ready to bash him.clear as day , i cant look at the pic without seeing it now.

I do all of that and have put it in photoshop and fiddled with- I understand the bit you're talking about where the lines look wavy but I think saying you can see 'the shape of a man and woman clearly' is either over stating it or over active imagination!

If you are sure, then please screenshot the version you're viewing and post it please!

Ok here they are..

35hfgxj.jpg

Man on the beam and the woman behind is clearly carrying what looks like a dismembered torso.

:help:

Not the same one who kindly locked me and my mate Stan down the locks a few weeks ago.

Hi John,

excuse my dimness, are you meaning that it was me who locked you down the locks, or, a proper gentleman. If it was me, I would have recognised your boat, if not you.

Mike

Nope, can't see it.

What are you lot drinking? Can I have some?

Tony

We're drinking spirits from the Shroppie Fly silly, and from the reactions here, too bloody many of them it seems :P

M(hic)ike

Oh yes!

I remember the news story now, dating back to when I was a child.

Three actors were brutally slaughtered, by a rabid camera crew, whilst filming a RedyBrek advert.

Trust you to brutalise a serious subject :rolleyes:

You wouldn't catch me demeaning a budding Ghostbuster like that :wacko:

Sitting shivering in a darkened corner, awaiting the inevitable flak :o

Edited by Doorman

For all those of you struggling with this, I've enhanced the image a little with my "Derek Acorah" filter. Is this any better?

Why didn't you highlight the giant, slavering hound too? I thought that was far more obvious than the apparitions on the left

Richard

For all those of you struggling with this, I've enhanced the image a little with my "Derek Acorah" filter. Is this any better?

Ghostie-1.jpg

Blimey, it's all coming to me now. It's the landlord of the Fly asking us to pay our ever increasing tab :rolleyes:.

Why didn't you highlight the giant, slavering hound too? I thought that was far more obvious than the apparitions on the left

Richard

Because I hadn't wanted to upset our younger viewers. However, there is nothing to fear for the ghost of George Formby has risen from the murky depths and vanquished the evil hound with his amazing lazer vision!

Ghostie2.jpg