Where's Gibbo?

David Schweizer

Featured Posts

I do wonder whether he ever offered an inductance course into the wacky world of electronics, whereby I would have happily been impelled to attend.

Mike

I think you mean introductory - an inductance is the ability of an inductor to store energy in a magnetic field and an inductor is usually a coil of wire with or without a ferrite core. B)

I always found Gibbo to be very supportive, especially when I suggested something that was correct but goes against the perceived wisdom of the forum. (mainly related to transients and why a boat supply isn't 12v and has 1000V spikes on it - I've worked with 12V systems professionally for over 20 years). I work with a lot of very skilled engineers who are occasionally misunderstood / provocative. It's what makes them interesting and fun to work with.

I think you mean introductory - an inductance is the ability of an inductor to store energy in a magnetic field and an inductor is usually a coil of wire with or without a ferrite core. B)

Yes, I suspect that he did know that, and used the wrong word deliberately, by way of a little bit of electrickery word play.

It also has the advantage of bringing out some pedantacist who fails to get it telling him he used the wrong word.

Yes, I suspect that he did know that, and used the wrong word deliberately, by way of a little bit of electrickery word play.

:rolleyes: I wondered who would be first to catch on to the 'electrickery word play' within the comment.

As I didn't know Chris that well, other than from his contributions on here, I wasn't really in a position to wax lyrical about the guy, but thankfully you spotted the fairly obvious :cheers:

Mike

I think that after the many comments on here about Gibbo, it's only fair to summarise the guy's character as follows:-

He was quite a grounded fellow with positive comments that sometimes baffled the neutrals amongst us. At different phases of his forum career, he would sometimes offer resistance to other people's views, although he did have the capacity to acknowledge some of his peers.

His potential to evoke uproar was evident in his final post but I always found him to be down to earth. His advice transformed my ideas on galvanic corrosion but sometimes polarised the otherwise accepted principles on this subject. He also exasperated those with a short fuse. His direct approach to alternated replies was somewhat perplexing.

I do wonder whether he ever offered an inductance course into the wacky world of electronics, whereby I would have happily been impelled to attend.

Mike

There you go Chalky, pick the bones out of that lot! :P

Edited by Doorman

It also has the advantage of bringing out some pedantacist who fails to get it telling him he used the wrong word.

A bit like Carl using "referenda" eh?

Several -um words can have either plural form, but only if they derive from neuter Latin nouns. Don't try asking for poppada in the Indian restaurant.

I know...

Edited to add: Though, apparently, Dave doesn't.

Edited by carlt

Perhaps if we all shout "COME BACK GIBBO" at exactly 9.00pm tonight he might hear us wherever he is and logon ?

I also believe that there is a B25 bomber on the moon, JFK was shot by Lee Harvey Oswald and Illuminati really control the governments round the world. :wacko:

I also believe that there is a B25 bomber on the moon, JFK was shot by Lee Harvey Oswald and Illuminati really control the governments round the world. :wacko:

You neglected to mention that Elvis was recently spotted driving a London bus through the sea of tranquility, closely followed by Lord Lucan riding Shergar. :rolleyes:

That's if ever you're unlucky enough to read the Daily Spar.

I heard Gibbo is working in a chippy up in Wigan. :closedeyes:

That'll be the Jolly Fryer in Market Street.

I once went in there and a local came in and asked for a portion of chips and a steak and kiddly pie. The

owner asked; "Don't you mean a steak and kidney pie?" and the customer replied; "That's what I said diddly I?" :wacko:

Mike

ETA Funny people the pie eaters.

That'll be the Jolly Fryer in Market Street.

I once went in there and a local came in and asked for a portion of chips and a steak and kiddly pie. The

owner asked; "Don't you mean a steak and kidney pie?" and the customer replied; "That's what I said diddly I?" :wacko:

Mike

ETA Funny people the pie eaters.

whent too the pie eaters M C C raly ones had a good time .bob