ANNOUNCEMENT! I seem to have a boat!

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

Man flu/ bronchitis persists, but so do I.

bss is done, licence is being got tomorrow.

Boat is defo launching on Thursday!

Weather in Rugby is apparently shite.

Carl is helping me with the basics and to get to Braunston on Thursday.

I am moving onto the boat on Sunday and will be beginning my Epic Journey on Tuesday the 2nd.

At the moment waiting to confirm what route I need to take...

Then I will be officially asking for volunteers.

Ps. I have found the BW form to notify them of the change of ownership.

I cannot find the 'change of details' form to tell them I am changing the name though.

I certainly can't see it on this page... http://www.britishwaterways.co.uk/license-it/choosing-and-buying-a-licence/application-forms-and-other-useful-downloads

Am I blind or is it somewhere else?!

Damn this is exciting!

I hope everything goes well for you

I'm certain that you are in goood hands with Carl in the meantime

Hi Richard, I am going up to Coventry tomorrow evening and staying over so I am ready to be at the bote first thing Thursday but not at Braunston til Thurs.

I am excited but gutted that I am sick, as I rarely get sick ever it's shit timing! And the seller informs me that it is pissing down in Rugby too...

You get on there and have fun. Just think you will be sitting on your aft deck with a glass of something nice (Tea, Coffee, Wine or Beer n whiskey) and your cats around you looking at the fireworks for the first time from your own boat/home. (ok the obvious one,please keep the cats in for fireworks night)

You have a lot of first coming your way, hope you enjoy them. I look forward to bumping into you in the years to come.

Good luck

Smudge

Edited by smudge837

Starcoaster

I do not think there is a change of name form, BW use the 'registration number' to identify boats, the change of name should be put on the licence application though. (I believe) Not checked the forms recently.

Man flu/ bronchitis persists, but so do I.

bss is done, licence is being got tomorrow.

Boat is defo launching on Thursday!

Weather in Rugby is apparently shite.

Carl is helping me with the basics and to get to Braunston on Thursday.

I am moving onto the boat on Sunday and will be beginning my Epic Journey on Tuesday the 2nd.

At the moment waiting to confirm what route I need to take...

Then I will be officially asking for volunteers.

Ps. I have found the BW form to notify them of the change of ownership.

I cannot find the 'change of details' form to tell them I am changing the name though.

I certainly can't see it on this page... http://www.britishwaterways.co.uk/license-it/choosing-and-buying-a-licence/application-forms-and-other-useful-downloads

Am I blind or is it somewhere else?!

The change of ownership form is, I believe, intended for the 'old' owner to advise BW who the boat has been sold to and is probably not applicable here, because you will be submitting a 'new' licence application form from which you will get a new 'customer number' and you can use section 3 of the same form to advise the (new) boat name (you retain the existing boat index number)

I *think* the change of details 'form' is on the back of (or included with) a licence renewal reminder so unless you've had these from the previous owner, I don't think you'll see one for another 11 months or so.

Thank yoou! Well BOTE DAY is tomorrow, I now have a walloping migraine and muscle aches to go with my bronchitis (Don't tell Carl, he may not turn out lol) So I am not on the forum irritating the shit out of everyone as I would usually be, and less excitable than I should be due to feeling like death.

But I am getting it tomorrow, the BSS and licence is all done and I have the copies, nothing is going to stop me (other than the crane man, but hopefully he will be there) getting on it tomorrow and hopefully I will be back on form and begging for help and trip mates by the weekend!

Edited by Starcoaster

Ah bless you! I would be VERY irritating if I was on top form.

I am defo going to take pics.

I have my pirate bandana with me for just that purpose!

Fortunately the wharf is right next to a pub, so will be able to get the appropriate bottle of beer...

Do I have the wrong form for the change of ownership then?

The seller has literally just got a new licence on the boat today especially for me (so new he only has the receipt for paying, the actual licence will be sent to him in the post) and it is part of the sale agreement, how do we deal with that then?

As when it arrives it will go to him and that will be after I have sailed off into the sunset...

Edited by Starcoaster

As when it arrives it will go to him and that will be after I have sailed off into the sunset...

Fortunately, his sunset won't be far away from your sunset, so he might drop it off for you.

Tomorrow will be a great day.

Martyn :cheers:

**runs in screaming**

**runs back out with one leg in jeans, shirt half on and pirate bandana clutched in teeth**

These are not good images in my head before I have even had breakfast! :lol:

Good luck with it - hope it all goes well!