ANNOUNCEMENT! I seem to have a boat!

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

I'M A GIRL. :blink:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rosewood-Pet-Gear-Pup-Tub-75x45x22-5cm-Blue-/120772193982?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item1c1e956ebe

Can't find a short bath of any kind other than the type that you plumb in, but how about this dog bath! A big plastic bucket would do as well...

Edited by Starcoaster

I don't know it you have them over there. But look for a black soft(ish) kind of tub used for mixing cement, or watering horses. They don't crack as easily and kan be used for storage when not having a wash.

Oh, I almost forgot. My dad has a small 12V submersible pump with a hose and a shower head attached to it. He chucks it into a large bucket of warm water for showers when he is in his cottage.

I know the thing you mean, I just founr them on ebay I think.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gorilla-Tub-Extra-Large-75-Litre-/110746824379?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19c9066ebb

Something just occured to me. The water I put in my pump shower thing, how do I heat it? Kettles? or just fill with water from the hot sink tap?

Kind of like that, but black and rectangular. Dad uses a large kettle on his wood fired stove and a 25 liter bucket. He showers almost every day when he's at the cottage. It's a small summer house he has with no mod cons and he's been doing it every time he's up there for years. He hooks it up to a leisure battery and the pump only cost about 7 or 8 pounds on ebay.

Not meaning it could be your permanent way of hygene. But it could solve your imediate needs for now and be e good reserve when something breaks later on.

I know the thing you mean, I just founr them on ebay I think.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gorilla-Tub-Extra-Large-75-Litre-/110746824379?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19c9066ebb

Something just occured to me. The water I put in my pump shower thing, how do I heat it? Kettles? or just fill with water from the hot sink tap?

Your new boat probably has an Instantaneous gas hot water heater,Paloma most likely if so this can be used for a shower as well as hot taps. Or it may have a calorifier which can be connected to a shower, heated by running the engine or mains emertion heater. bizzard

I had a little language problem there. The word I was looking for was "Water Trough" Something like this.

Builders over here use buckets made of i think that material for carrying cement and plaster. Very strong and flexible stuff,like plasticky rubber with what looks like fibre chopped strand mat reinforcement.bizzard.

and if you decide on Hillmorton, Canalchef (forum member) has his establishment two locks down.

Good food and I am sure advice would be available, if you get stuck.

A fuel boat regularly passes by, Gosty Hill (phone, 07 nine, one, three, 761...871)

In fact he does that whole section from the Ashby , south.

We expect to be in the area about November, may see you then.

Thanks guys! I had a look at the BW list that goes live on the 17th but I can't tell what is a marina and what is just towpath mooring and I really want to be in a marina for the first winter. Looks like I am def going on tues to put the deposit on the boat and go around some marinas at the same time.

Thanks guys! I had a look at the BW list that goes live on the 17th but I can't tell what is a marina and what is just towpath mooring and I really want to be in a marina for the first winter. Looks like I am def going on tues to put the deposit on the boat and go around some marinas at the same time.

Excellent news made up for you a great bargin oo

Mooooore questions!

When I change the name of the boat, is there a correct way to do it 'officially' with BW or something?

Also, of the marina's mentioned around the Rugby area (or any not mentioned!) do any of them have wifi or any kind of internet access, or is it basically dongle or nothing?

Cheers.