Why do narrowboatists.....

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

Have you ever read some of your earlier contributions, here?

Have you read the YBW forums, in the run up to moving the Classic Boat Forum to its new home?

The "Stinkers versus Rag power" wars are legendary, on the East Coast Forums and don't mention tacking across the bows of a Broads Motor, on the Norfolk Broads Forum.

"Plate rape" usually causes a row amongst best friends, on Classic Car forums, too.

Why do people make arguments out of nothing?

I think, on this forum, there are two kinds of nothingness. My little spat with Sebrof was boating related, but revolved around a view that is, to my opinion, slightly subjective as to whether or not a boat such as Juno is suitable for use on canals. I will never be convinced it's not, he will never be convinced it is. There is a lot of, "I've stated my position and I'm not changing it" on this site.

Other spats, even on boating threads, end up not related to boating, and that can be where the temperature really rises

Why do people make arguments out of nothing?

I think, on this forum, there are two kinds of nothingness. My little spat with Sebrof was boating related, ...

A spat? Compared to what has followed, it was less than a zephyr in a teaspoon.

BTW, I owned a GRP boat once, and would own one again if I were still sailing. Horses for courses.

:cheers:

Being cooped up in a metal coffin with portholes or stood out on a tiny bit of deck in the rain is likely to make you argumentative. They are probably a bit envious of the traditional leisure GRP cruisers or a nice wide boat they could swing a cat in.

Why do narrowboatists create an argument out of nothing?

For the same reason most people are argumentative - because they don't bonk as often as they need to.

Is it that narrowboaters are more argumentative than the average? If so, is there something about narrowboats that tends to preclude bonking?

And is tupperware better or worse in this regard?

They are probably a bit envious of the traditional leisure GRP cruisers or a nice wide boat they could swing a cat in.

Yeah! Right!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For the same reason most people are argumentative - because they don't bonk as often as they need to.

Is it that narrowboaters are more argumentative than the average? If so, is there something about narrowboats that tends to preclude bonking?

And is tupperware better or worse in this regard?

Does this post have anything to do with that much complained about "it's a contact sport argument" ? :blink::wacko:

Perhaps those with narrow boats have equally narrow points of view ? It may be difficult to get those wider thought waves past the steel walls.

Oh I do hope so. No way do I want waves on the inside of the hull

Richard