Surveyor recomendations

Featured Posts

Following my news from yesterday now on the look out for a surveyor who can do me a good comprehensive survey and who is in the proximity of Rugby Boats @ Weedon or able to tracvel to them.

I need a reliable and accurate full 'out of the water' survey and valuation. Seemingly the boat can be docked not far from Rugby Boats - I think next door.

If people prefer pls. send info. via PM.

I have a list from the Rugby Boats web site but of course they are not in a position to make specific recommendations.

Many thanks,

Following my news from yesterday now on the look out for a surveyor who can do me a good comprehensive survey and who is in the proximity of Rugby Boats @ Weedon or able to tracvel to them.

I need a reliable and accurate full 'out of the water' survey and valuation. Seemingly the boat can be docked not far from Rugby Boats - I think next door.

I have a list from the Rugby Boats web site but of course they are not in a position to make specific recommendations.

Many thanks,

I recently had Olso surveyed on behalf of a buyer by Steve Hand of Hands on Marine

ie I was on the receiving end.

This is a nerve wracking experience for a seller, not because I had anything to hide but in case some fault I did was unaware of came to light.

While Oslo was in the dock having been pressure washed the previous day he spent 3 hours doing the hull external survey alone including right underneath which entailed lying in wet, dirt and God knows what.

The rest of the survey was carried out a few days later.

I haven't seen the report which was not commisioned by me.

All I can say is that he was very thorough.

Many thanks,

Just (Yesterday) had a survey done on Fulbourne by Tony Tucker from Hemel Hempstead, he seemed very professional.

http://www.tucker-designs.com/

Tim

Just (Yesterday) had a survey done on Fulbourne by Tony Tucker from Hemel Hempstead, he seemed very professional.

http://www.tucker-designs.com/

Tim

I had a survey done by Tony Tucker. As I was not present I don't know how thorough he was, but the survey was a good one, pointing out a number of issues.

He did forget to attent on the agreed day though. :lol: But he arranged with the boatyard to do it next day (at no extra cost to me).

Malcolm Braine surveyed my boat. He has a (deserved) reputation for being very thorough.

**EDIT for spolling..

Edited by luctor et emergo

Many thanks,

Eddie Freeman did ours he was very thorough. He lives in Northampton. Does boats in the Weedon/Whilton/Napton kind of area and beyond.

Ian Lumley.

Ian provided a first class service - the report is very very detailed including colour pictures taken during the survey.

http://www.lumleymarine.co.uk/

A second recommendation for Ian Lumley - he did a full survey on ours at Harrals in Northwich and travels all over the country. He and his wife spent an entire day going over the boat, produced a superb report and charged a reasonable fee (we can't remember exactly how much but somewhere around the £400 mark including travelling)

Eddie Freeman did ours he was very thorough. He lives in Northampton. Does boats in the Weedon/Whilton/Napton kind of area and beyond.

Eddie Freeman "did" our survey for us, he let us watch whilst he surveyed what was Frogmoore III.

We were happy with his work and the subsequent report.

http://website.lineone.net/~eddiefreeman/

Edited by Ray T

I recently had Olso surveyed on behalf of a buyer by Steve Hand of Hands on Marine

ie I was on the receiving end.

This is a nerve wracking experience for a seller, not because I had anything to hide but in case some fault I did was unaware of came to light.

While Oslo was in the dock having been pressure washed the previous day he spent 3 hours doing the hull external survey alone including right underneath which entailed lying in wet, dirt and God knows what.

The rest of the survey was carried out a few days later.

I haven't seen the report which was not commisioned by me.

All I can say is that he was very thorough.

Steve did an excellent pre-purchase survey of Phoebe for me, I've read a few boat surveys and I found Steve's far easier to make sense of than most (he took a decent set of photos to illustrate what was written, too), he doesn't use too much jargon and was happy for me to keep phoning him for months asking questions about this and that, which was exactly what I needed as a first time boat buyer. He charged a set rate per foot for a full survey (very reasonable) and was willing to travel anywhere (within reason, I presume) for that price. He's also a very friendly and approachable chap, highly recommended.

I don't know how to do one of those clicky things but here's his website

http://www.handsonmarine.com/

Well, NB N D, which surveyor did you and Dennis Choose?

Richard

It's almost as tricky as finding a boat :lol:

- interesting variation in quoted costs - some charging extra for revisist if needed some not.

There is a name that seems to have come up more than the others (Including PM's) but he can't do a survey until the 23rd of this month - which of course could be a good sign (if he's busy).

I can't unconditionally recommend Tony Tucker, (already mentioned), for a full survey.

He may be OK on hull surveys, but I paid for more.

He told us for example that all batteries were in good condition, when the starter one was totally "shot".

Also that there were no fluids leaking from the engine, despite 4" of oily greasy swill in the whole engine area, so it's very hard to see how he could tell. It wasn't true, anyway!

Many thanks,

Tom Keeling did ours at Calcutt in March. Very good comprehensive survey and report. 07976631920. or Email: keelingtom@hotmail.com

Another 'Yes' for Trevor Whitling.

He has just done a 'shed' for me, ( a full days work) very good survey and report, plus return visits to confirm all work required to Boat safety and Insurance levels completed.

duztee.

Another 'Yes' for Trevor Whitling.

He has just done a 'shed' for me, ( a full days work) very good survey and report, plus return visits to confirm all work required to Boat safety and Insurance levels completed.

duztee.

Yes, Trevor did a very thorough job when we bought our boat last year and I'd recommend him. It helps to direct a surveyor a little. E.g. if you suspect damp under the floorboards, ask him to investigate. If you are worried about wiring, ask him to have a good look at this. If you're new to boats, even seemingly foolish questions or worries will get a clear response from a good surveyor.

I'd also recommend Richard Burchell, Marine Surveyor on 07810 671770, down on the K&A at Honeystreet. He travelled up to Blisworth for us a few years ago, and we found him very thorough, direct and honest.