Diamond embossed deckboard

Priston

Featured Posts

I need a half sheet of diamond embossed resin impregnated deck board. Any sources near Bristol/Bath?

Robbins Timber in Bristol. You may have to get a full 4' x 8' sheet though. Worth a try as they do supply the marine trade. Bought from them before and found them very helpful.

I need a half sheet of diamond embossed resin impregnated deck board. Any sources near Bristol/Bath?

Just a thought this board is also used for making flight cases used in the music and entertainments industry. Try googling' Flight case manufacturers' you may find a supplier willing to sell you a part sheet as they will buy large amounts and will have offcuts :lol:

Just a thought this board is also used for making flight cases used in the music and entertainments industry. Try googling' Flight case manufacturers' you may find a supplier willing to sell you a part sheet as they will buy large amounts and will have offcuts :lol:

most flight case materials are only 3 mm maximum, you tend to find thicker panels are home designed or customised.

advanced technical panels would get my vote too!

regards

Dan

most flight case materials are only 3 mm maximum, you tend to find thicker panels are home designed or customised.

advanced technical panels would get my vote too!

regards

Dan

Only if you buy cheap flight cases! :lol: 30+ years as a tour and technical director, my contacts book is ashore so do not have phone numbers to hand but I will make a couple of calls an try to post specific contacts who might supply part sheets.

Robbins Timber in Bristol. You may have to get a full 4' x 8' sheet though. Worth a try as they do supply the marine trade. Bought from them before and found them very helpful.

I'll second Robins and they were quite happy to sell me a half sheet (Cut longways) of 25mm marine Ply.

http://www.robbins.co.uk/marine/index.asp

Tim

• 3 years later...

I am replacing deck board and need to seal the cut edges against water / damp , i once read a thread that dealt with doing this that had advice with regards to good products to use for sealing and now i cant find it with search , can anyone point me to the thread or provide info regards the products i can use to good effect on the sealing , also the same thread may have had advised the use of profile metal edging after sealing to give a better looking finish to the job , grateful for any advice .

thanks in advance .

Was this the thread? It showed aluminium edging

LInk

thanks for that ,it is that thread ,

The board i got was 8x4 pattern phendlic plywood 18mm thick £40.42 per sheet ,add vat =£97.01 for 2 sheets which was good considering some prices in the other thread , local builders yard ordered them in for me and done some cuts for main sections to boot , dont know manufacturer name.

thanks again.