BCN Marathon Challenge 2010.......

stort_mark

Featured Posts

Well it's in the title, I suppose?

Anyone up to challenging last year's CWDF champion of the Challenge, NB Tawny Owl? Team BlackBeauty were, quite frankly, simply not up to the task last year. They confused "boating for 24 hours" with "drinking wine for 24 hours" (admittedly an easy mistake).

Anyone know if it's on this year?

In the event that Tawny Owl wins this time, I understand Richard will be up for challenging for the America's Cup.

Dunno what happened to Fulbourne...

We got our paperwork to Walsall in time - admittedly by bicycle - but we were going to be so late we headed back from Anglesea Basin through Rushall and Tame Valley ... to end up at midnight on top of a large metal cabinet on the B&F (above Minworth) being winched off the thing _sigh_

113373798.3XCJhlYR.jpg

Here we are fighting the weed NOT getting to Bradley Workshops.

For 2010, BCNS website says: BCN Marathon Challenge 24 Hour cruise round the BCN. 2010 details/dates to follow shortly. Did I see a date specified in the magazine??

Edited by PeterScott

Here we are fighting the weed NOT getting to Bradley Workshops.

For 2010, BCNS website says: BCN Marathon Challenge 24 Hour cruise round the BCN. 2010 details/dates to follow shortly. Did I see a date specified in the magazine??

I remember the weed. And the bow-hauling. And the man in fuschia pink-trimmed Y-fronts appearing from the reeds like a meerkat.

I think we have a picture of Tawny Owl at Bradley. What I remember there was 1/. winding with about 3" to spare and 2/. having to climb into the yard to get back to the boat!

Richard

Does anyone know if Muskrat - last years winner - is back afloat and running?

Edited by RLWP

Anyone need a crew?

Last year, there were about ten people looking for a ride. I recall that there was a shortage of crew on the day. I think Tawny Owl was one of the few that was fully crewed.

I know that the BCNS people enjoyed the event but several said (at Titford Rally) that it was hard work and could have done with more volunteers.

I know that the BCNS people enjoyed the event but several said (at Titford Rally) that it was hard work and could have done with more volunteers.

Hard work .... I do the 3 Rivers Race every year, BCN challenge looks like a walk in the park to me.

Hard work .... I do the 3 Rivers Race every year, BCN challenge looks like a walk in the park to me.

On the BCN website, at the bottom of the report on the 09 challenge, it says it is hoping to hold the event on the May Bank Holiday Weekend 29th/30th May 2010.

Val

Oh bugger, that might be me out already. :lol:

Edited to say

"ohhhh, it's the week before the 3RR. excellent"

Edited by fuzzyduck

Last year, there were about ten people looking for a ride. I recall that there was a shortage of crew on the day. I think Tawny Owl was one of the few that was fully crewed.

Hard work???

In 2002 we did 102 locks. It was a doodle ....... well it was for me ....... I just steered .........

Theres a fairly strong push with the members of the YWBS to do the challenge bow hauling a joey in order to promote and raise the profile of the recently formed group.

Sounds like a lot of work to me but certainly in one form or another i hope to be there and taking part this year.

The 29th may is the date i have had in my phone for a while but im cant confirm this is correct!

Daniel

Theres a fairly strong push with the members of the YWBS to do the challenge bow hauling a joey.

Yep, I'm definately up for that... would be good fun.

I reckon we'd do rather well if there was a few of us there to take it in turns on the rope... no prop to get fouled and if it's empty we might be able to pick some speed up in the longer pounds :lol:

Hard work???

In 2002 we did 102 locks. It was a doodle ....... well it was for me ....... I just steered .........

Respect, last year we managed one lock in our allocated time, one year I am going to do it in a boat other that a three foot draught ex working boat!

Pictures

Tim

Edited by Tim Lewis

On the BCN website, at the bottom of the report on the 09 challenge, it says it is hoping to hold the event on the May Bank Holiday Weekend 29th/30th May 2010.

Val

awww, we can't make that one, Val's Dancing at Chippenham

Strikes me as not a bright idea to hold it on a weekend when there'll be so many other events.