PUMPOUT TANK

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

:lol: Hurrah.....at last found the time today to remove the worlds most useless invention..........The pumpout toilet.........if anyone wants to waste some nice storage space on their boat I have bunged it on Ebay for 99 pence and no reserve and its a posh stainless steel one at that......... :lol:

:lol: Hurrah.....at last found the time today to remove the worlds most useless invention..........The pumpout toilet.........if anyone wants to waste some nice storage space on their boat I have bunged it on Ebay for 99 pence and no reserve and its a posh stainless steel one at that......... :lol:

Perhaps, in view of the meaning of "pum" in West Indian English, you could slightly revise your topic heading?

Can't find it on Ebay. What is it listed under?

Regards

Is it clean or are you including the contents?

:lol:

Can't find it on Ebay. What is it listed under?

Regards

Hi

Try typing pumpout tank in all categories, I think its listed under boat accessories though not sure............ :lol:

Perhaps, in view of the meaning of "pum" in West Indian English, you could slightly revise your topic heading?

:lol: Blimey what does it mean ? anyway I cant change it the doobrey thingy will not let me............

Why do these things always come up at the wrong time. I'd have snatched yer hand off, if it had come up last January. I had to replace the mild steel tank in Victoria, after it had rusted through.

I cant really complain about it though, it was 17 yrs old, so I didn't begrudge spending £900 on a new stainless one. I had to totally refit the bathroom & the rear cabin though, coz I ended up trashing the place, getting the old one out. Floor boards up, the lot.

Why do these things always come up at the wrong time. I'd have snatched yer hand off, if it had come up last January. I had to replace the mild steel tank in Victoria, after it had rusted through.

I cant really complain about it though, it was 17 yrs old, so I didn't begrudge spending £900 on a new stainless one. I had to totally refit the bathroom & the rear cabin though, coz I ended up trashing the place, getting the old one out. Floor boards up, the lot.

:lol: Hi Pugwash

Yes I agree bargains are never to be had when you want em. The tank sold for 99pence I was pleased to get rid it as we all know they are totally useless on a full time liveaboard boat, but am pleased to say its gone to a couple I know who are puuting it onto their new build Hotel boat so alls well that ends well........

:lol: Hi Pugwash

Yes I agree bargains are never to be had when you want em. The tank sold for 99pence I was pleased to get rid it as we all know they are totally useless on a full time liveaboard boat, but am pleased to say its gone to a couple I know who are puuting it onto their new build Hotel boat so alls well that ends well........

I wouldn't be without my pumpout tank :lol:

nearly full time liveaboard

Sue

... as we all know they are totally useless on a full time liveaboard boat .....

As this forum keeps demonstrating, opinion is evenly divided. 50% isn't "all", no matter how many times you repeat it.

Personally I'm 100% in favour of a pumpout (and thank goodness I specified a stainless steel tank 18 tears ago) but I also have to confess to only living aboard for 6 months of the year.

As this forum keeps demonstrating, opinion is evenly divided. 50% isn't "all", no matter how many times you repeat it.

Personally I'm 100% in favour of a pumpout (and thank goodness I specified a stainless steel tank 18 tears ago) but I also have to confess to only living aboard for 6 months of the year.

As a none liveaboard I reckon I could now deal with either. But I'd prefer a pump out.

When I was full time liveaboard there is no way on this planet I would have tolerated a cassette. For some reason cassette owners (or rather one in particular) seem to think that pump outs only last as long between emptying as a cassette does (ie a few days). I used to regularly go several months between pump outs.

As a none liveaboard I reckon I could now deal with either. But I'd prefer a pump out.

When I was full time liveaboard there is no way on this planet I would have tolerated a cassette. For some reason cassette owners (or rather one in particular) seem to think that pump outs only last as long between emptying as a cassette does (ie a few days). I used to regularly go several months between pump outs.

With our use we seem to be able to go a month or two between pumpouts - not sure how big the tank is but it is across the whole width of the boat (to avoid list problems) about 4 feet tall and nearly 1 foot "thick" so I guess 25 cuft or 150 gallons or 700 litres - does that sound about an average size ? We do try to use "shore facilities" wherever possible which does help.

:lol:

Nick

Edited by Nickhlx

Hmmm, three month old shit!

You get it pumped out by a machine, not scoop it out with your hands. Why does it matter how old it is?

Richard

Because one day, there will be a leak.

On that day, the pumpout owner will have many gallons of sewage that has had ample opportunity to fester in places he doesn't want it.

On the day when the cassette owner has a leak, there will be so much less sewage, and it won't have been festering nearly as long.

On that day, the pumpout owner will have many gallons of sewage that has had ample opportunity to fester in places he doesn't want it.

On the day when the cassette owner has a leak, there will be so much less sewage, and it won't have been festering nearly as long.

I think i would rather run that risk than lug my sh*t to the elsan point every 2/3 days.

Noted, but you are being a bit pessimistic..... On that basis can I suggest your water and fuel tanks are downsized to a couple of gallons each?