Current price of fuels....

Nickhlx

Featured Posts

Delivered to home address - obtained just now... ( up to 7p per litre cheaper in other areas)

Kerosene 37.9p/ltr

Red diesel 42.5p/ltr ( without propulsion duty added, so for heating)

for 500 litres delivered and included delivery and VAT

Graph of last six months says it is at about the lowest price per litre that it has been -

:lol:

Nick

DIesel at the supermarket pumps seems to have been creeping up over the lat couple of weeks - aboyt 5p/l more now that two weeks ago.

Yes - its now approaching £1 a litre around here too now.. 98p is about the cheapest to be found and several are now up to 102 in the rural places

Nick

Delivered to home address - obtained just now... ( up to 7p per litre cheaper in other areas)

Kerosene 37.9p/ltr

Red diesel 42.5p/ltr ( without propulsion duty added, so for heating)

for 500 litres delivered and included delivery and VAT

Graph of last six months says it is at about the lowest price per litre that it has been -

:lol:

Nick

I just paid 30.9 pence today for kerosene (32.45 inc 5% VAT) delivered at home.

Chris

"Boilerjuice" is not the best buy for me any longer.

www.heatingoil.co.uk is 8p a litre cheaper for "home heating oil" this morning. ( 31.6p litre for 500 litres delivered next week)

Gas Oil 40.8p with same lead time. It was cheaper last week....must be the cold weather putting demand up!

Dick

( heatingoil.co.uk is Bayford's Oil.......near Leeds )

They do get a bit fed up with me at Tesco :lol:

Nick

Presumably you are buying white dieesl in cans fron Tesco. Have they ever been touchy about quantity and of type of can?

Soon we will have to do a list of handy, cheap canalside road fuel stations.

Presumably you are buying white dieesl in cans fron Tesco. Have they ever been touchy about quantity and of type of can?

Soon we will have to do a list of handy, cheap canalside road fuel stations.

Just needs an add-on to the Wilderness petrol station list.

Brian

• 3 weeks later...
How ripped off are we getting?

70ppl for heating purposes, even when we bought 150 litres of the stuff.

Maybe i should invest in a large tank at home.

Well if it's any consolation, only a short while ago, out marina was still charging 70ppl for "non propulsion" red, a price that has remained unaltered for months AFAIK.

They used to be fairly competitive, (for the region), but that ain't the case now.

I imagine they will say it's an old delivery, bought at a higher price, but I know they have in the past raised prices at a whim when they have not taken a delivery. :lol:

We have had no need to fill up yet under the "post November 1st" regime, but when we do, it will be elsewhere!

Well if it's any consolation, only a short while ago, out marina was still charging 70ppl for "non propulsion" red, a price that has remained unaltered for months AFAIK.

They used to be fairly competitive, (for the region), but that ain't the case now.

I imagine they will say it's an old delivery, bought at a higher price, but I know they have in the past raised prices at a whim when they have not taken a delivery. :lol:

We have had no need to fill up yet under the "post November 1st" regime, but when we do, it will be elsewhere!

Given our fuel consumption we fill up a lot and whilst prices have come down they are no where near as competitive as they could be. Lets just hope they fall soon. Our marina is still charging 92ppl.

Given our fuel consumption we fill up a lot and whilst prices have come down they are no where near as competitive as they could be. Lets just hope they fall soon. Our marina is still charging 92ppl.

Prices are now turning and beginning to drift up it seems ...

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alan,

Peter Hawker is currently charging 60p non propulsion, he's probably around your area about now too.

Cheers

Les

Hi Alan,

Peter Hawker is currently charging 60p non propulsion, he's probably around your area about now too.

Cheers

Les

Thanks Les,

In all honesty we keep using the boat for short trips, but I haven;t dipped the tank to see how empty it is.

But noted, I'll see what we need, and keep an eye out for Peter's boats.

I am passing them on Tuesday so I will TRY and have a look, people don't tend to have price boards up these days.

When I first set up in business and had a visit from Trading Standards, they told me I MUST have my prices clearly displayed. I pointed to the 9" high numbers on the board on the foredeck and then asked them what they intended to do about marinas......no reply!

George ex nb Alton retired

Anyone know what Fenny Compton are getting away with?

Martyn

Irrespective of the price it will be definitely be served without a smile, if my last experience is anything to go by. I felt as if I had really ruined their day, judging by the discourteous and bad tempered attituide displayed by the person in the office, and I had to put it in myself. I will never purchase fuel from them again.

When I first set up in business and had a visit from Trading Standards, they told me I MUST have my prices clearly displayed. I pointed to the 9" high numbers on the board on the foredeck and then asked them what they intended to do about marinas......no reply!

George ex nb Alton retired

If all fuel suppliers were as as competively priced and friendly as you were when we filled up from you two years ago, the world would be a happier place George.

I hope you are enjoying your retirement.

Edited by David Schweizer