Incident on the HNC

Featured Posts

23 minutes ago, Heartland said:

Police carrying guns deserves a comment

Why? The police have had access to firearms for nearly ever. They will not have been routinely armed police but there are armed response units everywhere these days and they will have been sent to deal with the situation. 

• Happy 1

"I glanced towards Slaithwaite centre and saw 5 police vehicles approaching. They pulled up outside my house. And a fair few police in body armour, carrying big guns pulled out and surrounded one of the barges. I could also see two or three armed police officers had now ran into the gardens of the houses across the canal."

Comment from bystander Matthew Fell with typos corrected. Jeez, the Hudds Examiner used to have better writing than this when I bought it as a paper...

1 minute ago, Puffling said:

Comment from bystander Matthew Fell with typos corrected. Jeez, the Hudds Examiner used to have better writing than this when I bought it as a paper...

Because most of the "stories" are skimmed from Facebook groups these days, and written by trainee "journalists" in an office in Manchester. Not worth wrapping yer chips in now. :( 

On 12/04/2024 at 14:56, Puffling said:

When people bought papers the local rag could afford journalists...

• Greenie 1

That's where the cafe boat (Moonraker?) used to be - I last saw it in Lincoln.  My favourite mooring in Slawit right next to bakery, brewery and dog walks and handy for the best pub, the Commercial.

• Greenie 2
  • Happy 2

4 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

That's where the cafe boat (Moonraker?) used to be - I last saw it in Lincoln.  My favourite mooring in Slawit right next to bakery, brewery and dog walks and handy for the best pub, the Commercial.

And you need to rest up a bit before or after doing that manual guillotine gate!

99 turns, and it's not that light ...

16 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

And you need to rest up a bit before or after doing that manual guillotine gate!

99 turns, and it's not that light ...

I thought it was closer to 150, but then I wasn't the one winding, I was in the brewery buying beer... 😉

Edited by IanD